• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Sail Date: Jul 2018
Cabin:
Traveled with children

I would highly recommend the Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Sea to anyone for any sort of vacation or occasion. Our family booked a row of 5 balcony rooms on Deck 8 plus one more a few doors down for our family vacation. This trip was a first time cruise for about 6 of us. We enjoyed being able to sit out on the balcony in the morning/evening or when we were coming into port. Our stateroom attendant, (I’m sorry, I forgot his name, but my room was 8136) consistently went above and beyond to make us feel at home, highly personable, went of his way to ensure everything in our room was to our satisfaction and along with the other housekeeping staff. This team did what they could to make us welcomed aboard.

The food and service in the American Icon dining room were top notch. We were so impressed by our servers, Nelson and Amoor (I think that’s how you spell is name), we actually reserved our table in their section every night. We were highly pleased with it with all available selections. Honestly, we didn’t bother spending the money on the specialty restaurants. And I MUST mention the AMAZING bartenders at the Trellis Bar in the Central Park Deck 8 area of the ship. Virgillo, Archie and Shawna were nothing less than the BEST OF THE BEST bartenders. They always treated us with top notch service. My name is L'Oreal and the simple fact that EVERYTIME I would pass, they would speak and actually remember my name speaks VOLUMES for this crew. This team truly rocks! (I must also shout out to William. He opened the Trellis one afternoon and remembered me that same evening in the American Icon bar!)

The activities on the ship were a lot of fun too. You could make the trip as relaxed or as busy as you wanted. We loved the fact that there was SO much to do we could not fit it all into our schedules. Even though we missed our shows due to our family dinners, I heard they were awesome. The FlowRider competition was pretty cool to watch. We also watched the World’s Sexiest Man contest which was HILARIOUS and fun! I must also make mention of the DreamWorks Parade! This was TRULY one of my favorite experiences aboard! I felt like a kid again and danced around with my little cousin who was just as mesmerized as I was.

Find an Oasis of the Seas Cruise from $313