3. Disney Fantasy
After pondering for several years on whether to sail on Disney or another cheaper cruise line, my family of 3 (including 7 y/o boy) took the plunge and reserved a category 04e cabin (5532) which is a deluxe family stateroom with oversized verandah. Port Canaveral is very well run, with embarkation proceeding smoothly. You leave your bags with porters at the curb, go through security, then go through the check-in line (only 15 minutes). They then board based on groups (40 total), based on scheduled arrival time. As soon as you walk into the atrium, you know the ship was built with attention to detail. Beautiful woods, marble floors, carpeting, etc. Everything maintained impeccably. The cabin was well laid out, albeit the expected tightness of a cruise cabin. Plenty of storage, USB ports for charging devices, electric plugs, etc. Everything was extremely clean. When we dropped sand in the bathroom after a beach day, it was gone by the evening service during dinner. We booked early and enjoyed the 5:45 dinner seating. There is a head server (basically a talking head), server, and assistant server. Everyone was on point, except the assistant server repeatedly forgot to ask us for drinks sometimes forgot to bring them when we ordered them. The dinners at the main dining room were quite delicious, especially considering the volume of people they have to feed. We partook of the Remy dinner one night. Although it was good, we did not feel it was worth the extra cost ($95 per person without wine). In hindsight, would have skipped it. My son LOVED the kids' club and would have gladly stayed there all the time if we let him. The three main shows were excellent and played several times to give everyone a chance to see all three. The movie theater played several recent Disney franchise movies (e.g. Solo, Christopher Robin, etc.) There was plenty to do at all times. The adults-only sections were awesome, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the ship to those traveling without children. The live entertainment was everywhere and excellent. No musical hacks on the ship. Drinks were extremely reasonable. I recommend the photo package be purchased before sailing, as it's more expensive on the ship. They have photographers EVERYWHERE to take great photos. The spa is beautiful. Purchased the rainforest area package, with different saunas, hot tubs, showers with aromatherapy, heated loungers, etc. Wow! Take advantage of formal and semi-formal nights, as the pictures turn out great. All in all, I would not hesitate to recommend this ship to anyone.

Just what I was expecting

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by jpmato16

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (oversized verandah)
jpmato16’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (oversized verandah)
Cabin 04E 5532
Well laid out, comfortable bed, nice verandah to nap on lazy afternoons or watch sail away from ports. Extremely clean.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Dunn's River Falls
    Fun, but you have to have some level of agility and be prepared to get injured. The guides help you, but they can't prevent all injuries. I twisted my ankle and my wife jammed her toe.
    View All 205 Dunn's River Falls Reviews