3. Marella Explorer
I was a bit worried after reading a few bad reviews about coming on this cruise and being a first time cruiser. The cruise exceeded expectations in every way. Room- I booked a junior suite allocation on arrival - Deck 10 - it was massive with so much storage. The bathroom was immaculate with a large walk in shower. The balcony was large with 2 chairs, table, 2 sun loungers and a hammock. The cleaning staff Darko and Edmund were a hoot and worked very hard cleaning the cabin twice a day. There was a kettle, hairdryer and expresso maker in the room. Dining- the food was superb in all the restaurants and so much choice and the service by the staff was fabulous they really cannot do enough for you. We paid to go to the Dining Club and Surf and Turf the food and service was outstanding. Latitude 53 sit down dining was amazing was very looked after in that restaurant.by Ling who treated us like royalty. Bars- I was a bit concerned the ship would feel busy and I hate children running around unsupervised but this did not happen there are plenty of places to sit and have a quiet drink - Famíles mostly congregated round the pool and squid and anchor which I avoided. The Mediterranean Bar was lovely. My only complaint about bars was having to pay for premium soft drinks and coffee/tea which seemed stupid when you could have as much alcohol as you wanted and very good brands too. Trips - were very good and very informative I thought they were good value for money but the trip to Rome was a bit too long and very tiring. Although the trip to St Tropez was not worth it and I would avoid this trip again. Entertainment- there was so much to chose from - not my cup of tea but fellow passengers said it was very good. I did partake in wine tasting twice and Simina who ran this was amazing. Overall I cannot wait to book another cruise on this ship and all previous complaints must have been resolved to make our cruise unforgettable.

Absolutely beyond fabulous

Marella Explorer Cruise Review by Orangatanga73

The cruise exceeded expectations in every way.

There was a kettle, hairdryer and expresso maker in the room.

I did partake in wine tasting twice and Simina who ran this was amazing.

Orangatanga73’s Full Rating Summary