3. Oasis of the Seas
The cruise was planned as a family cruise celebrating my granddaughter’s HS graduation. There were 18 in our group ages 12 to 77. Embarkation/debarkation was very smooth. Dining: Of course, rooms were not ready so 6,000 people were crowded around the open dining establishments which some felt was their place to sit and wait for their rooms. Speaking of dining, this was the best part of the whole cruise - food was excellent and the waiters were AWESOME! Cabins: Moving on to the cabins, once open. They were all set up with king beds even with father/son and grandmother/granddaughter situations. Nowhere on preregistering/planning is there a question of how beds should be set up. Also, the design of the rooms does not allow for optimal use to access the balcony. I personally split our beds so one could walk straight through from entrance to the balcony. My cabin steward was not happy and told me it couldn’t be set up that way. I asked why not? I don’t need a reading lamp. I need space. Room instantly appeared larger. Once beds were separated my way, the trashy floor was visible. Also, towels were at a premium. One day we had just one clean towel and another day just one wash cloth. Entertainment: All shows I had reservations for were canceled. Spoke with Guest Services prior to debarkation about compensation for no entertainment. Was told to talk to Corporate Guest Services. Upper management decided nothing was was warranted. Activities: My granddaughter and I both love trivia games so since entertainment events were canceled, we attended as many as we could. Early in the week, our online Cruise Compass advertised an ABBA trivia game - it was replaced be a general trivia game. I think probably because the activities guy “Sondro (? sp)”, wanted to sing his favorite song AGAIN. The tune sounded like the THE GIRL FROM IPANEMA. He would play short clips of most songs but I gotta that song all the way through in his native tongue and he’s not very good. He IS very self-serving. On a trivia quiz about songs with colors, his last clue was “What is my name?” Not a song. Not a color. He also couldn’t speak English - he pronounced Celine Dion as SeenJohn. When asking a question about ABBA, he couldn’t pronounce Stockholm. Another Compass error was the TShirt sale was advertised for Friday but was held on Saturday. Dining again: There are many seats available in an anteroom of the main dining restaurant but the doors were kept closed until the restaurant opened. Huge anteroom with doors separating it from the dining room but folks were forced to stand in the halls. Also, buffet closes its doors when food not available. Would be nice to go in and sit while waiting instead of standing in the hallways. Finally: This ship is designed for families with young children. All others need not bother. Find another ship.

Disaster. Will NEVER cruise this ship again.

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by BeaufortGirl1969