3. Viking Tor
What a wonderful experience! From first setting foot on the ship we were treated like royalty! Everything we needed and could have possibly wanted was provided by an amazing staff with a smile and friendliness we have never experienced on vacation before! The itinerary took us to places that other vacationers most likely never see—particularly through relationships with local people of the communities that helped us to understand their culture, history and lifestyle in addition to the sights. What a gift! The excursion offerings were varied and interesting—not the typical tourist destinations! We were able to see and experience everything from working monasteries to a private Bavarian horse farm! The balance of tours and personal time in each port was perfect as we could do some exploring on our own after we learned about the community. We even watched the World Cup with locals in a German pub! On board ship, the education programs each day helped us to prepare for the next port, so we better understood the areas we were seeing. The staff made you feel like you were friends (not clients), and some of our best memories are of conversations with the staff at dinner or in the lounge area. The food was amazing and really highlighted and reinforced the culinary favorites of the areas we were in. I also have food allergies, and I have never in my life been accommodated in the manner I was on this cruise! My menu was specially prepared each day and was similar to the meals offered to others, just specially prepared. I had no problems or worries! What a gift! While underway the entertainment was memorable! Because of the small number of passengers on the river cruise ships, along with the welcoming personalities of the staff and entertainers, we were able to get to know and build positive relationships with the majority of the people on the ship! It was fun dancing, singing, and sharing stories with our fellow travelers from all over the world each night! We most definitely would take another Viking River Cruise, and given the number of people on the cruise we met who had been on multiple Viking trips, it appears to be how most people feel!

Wow! Words cannot describe!

Viking Tor Cruise Review by MZD

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom
MZD’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Tor price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 225
The cabin was understandably small, but well equipped. I was rather surprised by the amount of storage. It was immaculate. The cleaning staff was prompt and thorough each day
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins