3. Celebrity Constellation
We spent the night before the cruise at the Holiday Inn on the Bay. Enjoyed getting up the next morning and seeing the Connie right outside our window.

Embarcation was long and slow. First time I've ever gone after 2:00 p.m. and I'll never do that again. Friends who went aboard at noon just breezed on.

Our cabin was great, our stateroom attendant, Doris, was very attentive. We ate in the main dining room at the main seating--our waiter, Bonifacio, and his assistant, Luther, were fabulous. We hated to leave them behind!

The event coordinator, Allen Sharpe, was extraordinary. He welcomed us all to the Connections party with nametags and introduced several of the ship's officers. None of the officers spoke for a long time; they gave us time to visit with each other. Allen arranged a bridge tour for all of us as well as one for the members of my group. Cruise Critic members were also invited to a sailaway on the helipad.

I cannot say enough good things about the staff on this ship. Everyone we met was pleasant and friendly and wanting to please. Denise, of the shore excursion desk, went out of her way to get two friends and me on a whale watch on a zodiac. I've never seen so many whales up close!

Food was very good. Our waiter seemed to be able to conjure up our favorites.

Huatulco is not listed in the dropdown menus for a review. Probably because it's hot and not particularly interesting.

The journey through the Panama Canal was very interesting. We got off the ship at Cristobal Pier and did a bit of shopping after the transit.

Embarcation in Miami was long--not getting off the ship, that was a breeze, but very long customs lines. We had a large number of foreign nationals on the ship, so that could have been part of the problem. Note to TSA: do what the Europeans do, have one line for people with EU passports and one line for all others. In Miami, there could be one line for US passports and one line for all others.

I'd sail the Connie again in a heartbeat!

Panama Canal Cruise

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Happy Cruiser 6143

Food was very good. Our waiter seemed to be able to conjure up our favorites.

I'd sail the Connie again in a heartbeat!

Happy Cruiser 6143’s Full Rating Summary