3. Carnival Pride
I chose this cruise for convenience (location, do flight necessary, past experience). We have taken this cruise 3 other times and noticed the service going down, but still had high hopes for carnival because of our experiences with their other ships. We have traveled on the Princess and loved our trip. Some of the main points I would like others to be aware of are the new rules; they ask you when or how often you want your cabin serviced. When on a cruise I want to be pampered and freshening up my cabin should not have to be a question. One of those nights our cabin was not cleaned until 7pm. Ice in my bucket should not have to be asked for daily, but it was. Another thing you should know is that our cabin toilet leaked. The water was shooting out all over the floor. They stopped it and mopped it up, but I didn't see any bleach or extra cleaners. The ship seemed dusty and you could see a lot of dirt build up in the corners. Another of my disappointments was the dining. We asked for early seating prior to the cruise and they placed up at 8:15 dining. Who eats at 8:15 at night? We immediately went to the service desk and to the desk for dinner. The head waiter said there was nothing that he could do, he had no other seats. We would have to go to anytime dining up stairs. They knew well in advance that there were not enough seating accommodations for everyone. My question is how did they decide who got what? While we are speaking about the diner, please allow me a few minutes to talk about the service. On the first night I got something in my meal that looked like the bristle from a scrubber. I showed it to the waiter and he said, "Well, I hope you like your dinner tomorrow better." That was it, no "I'm sorry" nothing. Two days later someone at another table broke the pepper shaker. No one cleaned it up. People walked by and slipped several times. I told the waiter and one of the head staff. They continued to walk by it. The head waiter pretended to call someone on her phone but no one came. They did the staff dance while the pepper was on the floor. They serviced meals while it was on the floor. Right before we were to leave one of the head waiters came by and pushed the pile of pepper to the side with their foot. It was not cleaned up while we were there. During the morning brunch, tables were not cleaned after customers finished their meal. We sat among dirty tables that were not bused at all. This was every time we came to brunch. On the top deck the tables were not cleaned and the food areas were messy. Water was always everywhere and made it easy to slip in the dining area. Food also remained on those tables for long periods of time. The staff was not as friendly as it use to be. We were not greeted with good mornings or the likes. The Casino is completely smoking. I remember when it was non-smoking we there would be a section for the smoking people. There was no section for us. We were told the vent in the isle would pull out the smoke and the two machines by the door were none smoking. They were the old keno machines. No consideration was taken for those of us that have breathing concerns or health problems. I went to be smelling of smoke and coughing each night. This seems like reverse discrimination. The hostess told me it was because they were a small ship and that most of the other areas on the ship were none smoking. I asked her was that for the safety of the ship or its guest?

Who took the pride out of the Carnival Pride?

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by bsonnydaze

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony
bsonnydaze’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 8119
When on a cruise I want to be pampered and freshening up my cabin should not have to be a question. They have a new thing now where they ask you how many times you want your room services. It should be a given that it is service morning and night in what used to be customary. One of those nights our cabin was not cleaned until 7pm. We left the room, returned, left again, and finally we had to call and ask for service. Ice in my bucket should not have to be asked for daily, but it was. Another thing you should know is that our cabin toilet leaked. The water was shooting out all over the floor. They stopped it and mopped it up, but I didn't see any bleach or extra cleaners. After that it smelled the rest of the cruise.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins