3. Chichagof Dream
I chose this cruise because of the small size of the ship, the opportunity to visit remote areas and also because the focus was on experiencing Alaska directly and personally. We stopped at many interesting locations such as Kake and Petersburg and were able to go ashore. We were able to hike and explore the shoreline at Taku and in Glacier Park. Every night featured a presentation by one of the naturalists aboard or other informational meeting. The food was great; chef was very accommodating for special gluten and dairy free diets. The crew was exceptional, they all went out of their way to make all of the passengers comfortable and to maximize our experience. One of the highlights of the small ship experience was the flexibility to act 'in the moment' when there were whales or bears or other interesting things. The captain would slow the engines and sometimes circle in the area so that we could see as much as possible. This trip was better than I imagined it could be and I am looking forward to going again on one of the Alaska Dream Cruises.

Better than my dreams

Chichagof Dream Cruise Review by dj12

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Alaska

dj12’s Full Rating Summary
Get Chichagof Dream price drops

Cabin was fine - spent very little time there!