3. Queen Victoria
As an experienced cruiser with Cunard (34 cruises) I feel able to comment, Firstly I was travelling in Princess Grill. The cabin was fine albeit needing a new carpet or at least a good wash, the attendant was helpful and a good worker The ship itself was clean and tidy in all public areas and a credit to the brand The shops whilst shiny held a lacklustre stock but had a friendly staff to try and sell it. Standard perfumes and drink and high end art and jewellery, but a great place to spend on board credit The trip and itinerary were great, the weather hot, we didn't get off in Gibraltar since we had been there a month earlier and it was only a pitstop of a few hours . Dining experience onboard is worthy of comment, We chose not to eat in the princess grill restaurant at all, neither did we last cruise or most likely wont in the future. We see it as far too status orientated( and that's a different tale to tell!),its crowded and whilst fine dining is exciting, it takes forever, so we opted for the Lido. A great selection of help yourself, didn't always have to dress up, best soups ever and a much more casual atmosphere after a hot day out. We also ate in the Verandah on one night but it was not as good as it used to be. Service was less ( not saying bad but was not as great as it was with waiters synchronising delivery of food), food undercooked and all in all a disappointment. But will try again next cruise. Ironically that should be the eating venue for Queens Grill in staged sittings due to it being better ( we have done Queens grills before and never again!) Cunard need to change and adapt to the realisation that the world has changed and the formality that they strive to keep needs to be more flexible and not based on how much you pay or what grade cabin you are but to concentrate on all customer needs and wants and realise that the problem with that is that they change daily but cunard stay rigid Drinks are in my view overpriced as is wine in particular. Even a bottle of water comes in around £4.50 ($5.64) and the bottle size reduced from 1.5ltr evian to 1ltr. But why I am having to pay a 15% service charge for drinks even at the bar or for bottled water I am not sure nor do I like The other question is why you have to pay for alternative dining, its simply a food of the same standard as any dining room. The verandah , an exception, extra charge was introduced originally to forestall the hordes of people from eating there but now is a supplement of $39.99, that started life as $10 not many years ago and that was because it had a celebrity chef endorsement ( Todd English whoever he is). I don't know who endorses it now except me on a good day!

Great cruise around Med with hot weather

Queen Victoria Cruise Review by paja49

As an experienced cruiser with Cunard (34 cruises) I feel able to comment,

paja49’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Victoria price drops

Princess Suite
Cabin P1
Princess grill cabins are centrally located ( best position for lifts and launderette). Adequate size and ample closet space. Having been in Q4 I can say in my opinion Princess is a better layout and whilst the balcony is smaller I prefer Princess. We have had Q1 but it was too big for 2 people. Princess provides access to deck 11 ie the Grills lounge.
Cabin has what you would expect ,bed, chair, settee and en suite with a bath, good luck to those who cant lift their legs over to get into the shower over bath.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins