3. AmaViola
The entire crew was excellent -- efficient, helpful, and attentive to all needs. The Captain's Table tasting dinner was also excellent and beautifully presented. The food in general was great. But the overall plan of the trip and its cost was the issue. In each city, we had a local guide, and they varied wildly in quality from excellent to worthless. The trip was short and expensive for the time it covered, esp. when airfare was not included, and so I always felt rushed at most of the stops and without a good feel for the people and places. This was very much a trip that felt like "If this is Tuesday, this must be Vienna." I would recommend the Budapest to Prague trip to friends as the cities and countryside are beautiful and full of history. But I used AMA for reasons involving travel companions; I've been much more satisfied with two Grand Circle cruises I've gone on and will always use them from now on.

Next time, Grand Circle again

poppywiebers’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaViola price drops

Outside Stateroom with Fixed Windows
Cabin D
On previous cruises friends had the least expensive rooms, but they were adequate. On this trip, they were too full of furniture and cramped.
Piano Deck Outside Cabins