3. Norwegian Bliss
The Norwegian Bliss-less I should have known that this experience was going to be atrocious when the booking and check in process was so terrible. Our two kids are 12 and 15 and very shy. One of my concerns was them being allowed to be in the same club (our prior experience with Disney allowed them to be). One of the Norwegian reps assured me they would be able to be in the same club so I went ahead with the booking. Onboard we found out that they are NOT allowed to be in the same club. Another reason we wanted the kids to be together was that the NCL app does not allow anyone less than 14 to use it so the 12 year old couldn’t communicate with us if she needed but could contact us if she was with her brother. The club manager assured me she would be able to call our app anytime she wanted. She went once and asked a counselor to let her call us but the counselor WOULDN’T let her. Instead, the counselor called the kids' room asking us to pick her up instead of reaching us with the app we PAID EXTRA for (see below). We got her an hour later and she wouldn’t go back. We had to pay almost $10 each phone to communicate onboard and the app worked 3/5 times. Either the notification wasn’t going through (even though the notification was turned on) or you could see you got a message but when you opened it up to see the message there was no message. The internet options were vague and my husband purchased a 50 minute usage thinking it was for 50 minutes total but didn’t realize it was a continuous 50 minutes so he used it up in the shower (and this was $100!). There were too many people onboard. We couldn’t see a show, sit to eat dinner or enjoy any of the things on board because they were all booked up. WE ATE IN OUR ROOM FOR BREAKFAST almost every day. People were reserving rows of seats in the observation lounge and in the theatre and were not told by staff it was not allowed. Also in this regard, people were smoking in the Cavern Club but the waiter serving them drinks didn’t kick them out! We were able to get a seat at Savor one evening but it took 2 hours to eat. I accidentally spilled my water and informed the waiter but he turned away and ignored me and went ahead to serve two tables. The assistant plopped down two napkins 20 minutes later and we had to clean it up ourselves. It took 40 minutes to get the kids sodas after asking 3 different people. And we were asked by three separate people if the $2.50 upcharge was ok for the wine we chose. We barely saw the actual waiter. Being busy on the ship is no excuse – you know how many people are on there and need to staff it appropriately. The next day someone sent chocolate covered strawberries to our kids' room (12 and 15 as above) with a creepy message from a male asking if they received the strawberries without mention of what they were for. I had to wait 15 minutes in guest relations line (because there was always a line) to make sure some creep wasn’t trying anything funny with our kids and found out it was an apology about the dinner. Seriously? We tried il Bistro with not much success. The waitress had no idea what a sommelier was when I asked her to speak to about someone about pairing wine with the escargot. The bartender came and bluntly just asked what I wanted to drink. The scallops were inedible – like rubber. Note that this restaurant was not complimentary and we had to pay extra. We left our bag at the Whiskey bar one evening so we checked with guest services to see if anyone turned it in. They said no. I asked the next day just in case and it had been there the ENTIRE time but the first person didn’t even look. Overall, this was the worse experience of my life, put a ton of stress on our family, and ruined our entire summer. As a follow-up, the only way to leave a complaint is an online process. I did this and received an email apologizing and was offered a free "welcome aboard" package on our next trip, which is a joke because I will NEVER sail with Norwegian again. I called Guest relations trying to speak with someone about the response and was on hold for 20 minutes just to get transferred to a voicemail. Please share and stay away from Norwegian.

Norwegian Bliss-less