3. Norwegian Bliss
We chose the Bliss due to the go karts. We are a racing family and booked in November of 2017 before they decided to advertise there was a 10.00 per ride charge! Suddenly, there was a fee and reservations for this are mandatory, available on board. We had no luck in getting a reservation as they filled up in the first hour. I gave a crew member 20 bucks and he got us on. Still charged us the 10.00 per person to our room. Bottom line, if you're going for the karts, don't! They are not worth it! Slow and controlled by the crew. Most of the time you're at an idle. Never got to do the laser tag. SOLD OUT! Too many people! Rumor on board was, it wasn't worth it anyway. Booking: Started out well. Seems affordable compared to a Disney (what we usually cruise) but all the nickel and diming adds up to be just as much as Disney with half the customer service! Most of the booking agents were rude and not very educated on the ship or the excursions. I had one really good call. She was very informative but I could never reach her again. You get who you get. My "cruise consultant" was a fast talker and never let us speak. I always called in and got someone else. Meal and Drink Plans: Ehh! Meal plan is ok for specialty restaraunts. If you can get a reservation for one. I did this early so I was lucky enough to get 2 reservations. The plan is for 3 so we got aced out of one of them. Drink package is good but I seriously think once they know you have it, they never come back to provide drink service. You have to chase someone down. Dosen't include coffee, sodas in mixed drinks. You pay for those in your drinks. Ridiculous! Cabin: Average. We had a balcony. Bigger bathroom than most. Embarkation: Decent, some crew knew what they were doing, some did not. Excursions: This ship is so big, they seem to spend shorter periods at port than any others. Somethng to do with the tide as crew mwmber told us. So, if you want to do any shopping, don't book an excursion. You won't have time for both! You wont! Waterslide coaster: You must be 100 pounds to ride it. Our kids were bummed. Arcade: Absolutely overpriced. We spent over $600.00. Adds up quick! Shows. Good shows! Havana and Jersey boys. NOT FOR KIDS! Many passengers were upset they could not get a reservation for either. Very crowded ship! Casino, $25.00 minimuns at prime time. OUCH! Food and Restaurants: Very nice food! Didn't have a bad meal. Good job here. All areas were very crowded. Book all your reservations months in advance! We were late to dinner one night in a main dinding room and the hostess was very rude to us. Yea, on a cruise ship? I'm used to the "whatever you need" service. Not here! Q steakhouse. Out of this world food and service! Joseph was the best man on board! Thanks Joseph! Teppanyaki: One of us got sick on that place. It wasnt ery good. The ship is very clean. The workers are friendly! The higher ranking crew all had attitudes. RUDE. Poor service and instruction. Can't be easy with 4000 people on one boat. But again, no comparrison to a Disney cruise where you are treated like royalty from start to finish. I wouldn't pay the tips ahead of time again. I'd wait to see how your service is and reward the good ones nicely! On day 4 of 8 they are already leaving instructions in your cabin how to dis-embark on your last day. Feels like they are ready to get you out and load on the new group half way trhough. These notes were bumming the kids out. :( Also, they constantly are working you to book your next cruise at this point. We hit amazing weather! We could be outside all day in shorts. The inside viewing areas are slammed with people camping out for the day. Passengers were getting grumpy with each other. Not pleasant. Overall a 3 rating. Beautiful ship but too many people. I think the size is mainly due to the extra cabins. Not necessarily more common areas than any other ship. If you are going to book he Bliss, book everything on board as fast as you possibly can ahead of your sail date!!!

Crowded Ship! Unpleasant passengers and crew.

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by mmonico21

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

Slow and controlled by the crew. Most of the time you're at an idle.

Cabin: Average. We had a balcony. Bigger bathroom than most.

Embarkation: Decent, some crew knew what they were doing, some did not.

Waterslide coaster: You must be 100 pounds to ride it. Our kids were bummed.

Arcade: Absolutely overpriced. We spent over $600.00. Adds up quick!

Casino, $25.00 minimuns at prime time. OUCH!

Teppanyaki: One of us got sick on that place. It wasnt ery good.

mmonico21’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BF 11680
Decent. Average size. Tight as usual. Nice though.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins