3. Viking Egil
European heat wave while we were there. The excursions were incredibly hot temperature wise, so much so, that I had to take frequent breaks whenever I could find shade. We were there during a drought of sorts so we were not moving for the last three days. That's fine; they don't have control over that; I completely understand that, but it felt like the excursions were then just thrown together and some were cancelled, of course. A few of our excursions included a local meal...the food was just not good (I'm being polite) which included the Sound of Music tour lunch. It was so incredibly hot during these lunches, as well, that I couldn't enjoy the food. The places we went were nice, but no cool interior air. I wasn't happy with 7:00pm dinner time. I would have liked a choice, at least, to dine earlier, but I knew this going in. I thought it would be ok, But dinner was usually over around 9:00. I will say this...they have great food choices, but when I asked the waiter one night to have my salmon cooked medium rare (as it was completely overcooked the day before) he replied with "I have no control over that; they all go in at the same time." I didn't like that response, but took my chances, and yes, it was overcooked again. I just didn't order that again. Sorry, Viking, it was too hot, but I know you don't have any control over that. They do have an amazing cruise director, Oliver. The bartenders were outstanding. The housekeeping service was also great.

Mostly Not Their Fault

Viking Egil Cruise Review by jclarremore

Sorry, Viking, it was too hot, but I know you don't have any control over that.

Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences aboard Viking Egil with the cruising community, jclarremore. It is pleasing to learn that you found our crew and staff to be exceptional, however we do recognize your disenchantment with certain aspects of your dining experience as well as onshore tours. While all of your feedback has been recorded for review by our Executive Team, we would welcome any additional comments you’d like to share at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. Thank you for choosing Viking, jclarremore, and we wish you a pleasant day.
jclarremore’s Full Rating Summary