3. Marella Celebration
My husband and I did this cruise as first time cruisers. I was never going on a cruise for a variety of reasons and chose this one because it was in the Adriatic Sea which isn’t as wide open as others so my theory was it may be calmer as sea sickness was a big concern. I also wanted to go to places I hadn’t been before and the only place I would be revisiting was Venice, which was fine as you can never visit Venice too many times. I had read that there is vibration in the ship and there is! We had an inside cabin on deck 3 and we could feel vibration but it didn’t affect us at all, we both slept well and did not feel any movement from the ship. There was no natural light in the cabin as it was an inside one but we weren’t in there much. For a longer cruise I would probably like a porthole at least. The air conditioning was good and the cabin didn’t feel at all stuffy. It was small but adequate. Ivon, our cabin steward was always available and very pleasant. We didn’t buy the drinks package and this was the right choice for us, we had whatever we wanted and it still cost around half of what the package would have been, however, we don’t drink alcohol so this may have made a difference. The food was good, we always had our evening meal in Meridian as I like to be waited on. The menu was changed every day and there was always something we liked. The waiters were very attentive, sometimes we shared a table but we didn’t have to, you can request your own and wait a few minutes for one to become free. We had breakfast and lunch in the Lido restaurant and again the food was good and plates were cleared quickly. The pool areas were clean and we could always find a sunbed when we wanted, even on the day at sea. Entertainment was of a good standard but you could find a quiet area if you wanted to. We enjoyed all of the ports, the only disappointment was that we visited Ancona on a Sunday and as it’s in Italy it was pretty much closed. However you have to go somewhere on a Sunday and we found enough to occupy us. I am now almost converted, I didn’t love cruising in the way a lot of people do! But I will go on another cruise and would go on the celebration again if it was a cruise I wanted to do. All together we were very satisfied.

Adriatic Affair

Marella Celebration Cruise Review by Ydpearce

All together we were very satisfied.
Ydpearce’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Celebration price drops

Small but adequate. Good air conditioning. No natural light but we weren’t in there much so not a problem. Towels and pool towels changed as often as we wanted.
  Marella Celebration Deck Plans