3. Norwegian Jewel
We spent 2 days before the cruise exploring Whistler and Vancouver and definitely recommend it. Embarkation went smoothly and quickly, it started out a little confusing because no one was instructing us where to go with our luggage when they made a change from the norm. But we made it on and so did our luggage. We had a beautiful mini suite that I would strongly recommend if going on an Alaskan cruise. I think it would have even been comfortable for 4 people. The dining was typical. It was our first experience with up charge dining but we tried it because it was 1 of our freebies. The only restaurant we thought was worth the extra was Le Bistro, strongly recommend. I was EXTREMELY disappointed that they no longer serve lobster on their cruises, it was always a highlight of our cruising. Only once did I see crab offered and it was an appetizer with claw meat. Seafood is disappointing. We were disappointed with the activities on board, most carried an up charge and didn't seem worth the additional cost. We were also disappointed in the value of the excursions we chose. Misty Fjord was expensive, we saw no wildlife and no waterfalls, we basically saw landscape that we could have seen from our balcony. I was disappointed in the whale watching, we were so far away you couldn't see much unless you zoomed in with your camera. At least I can say I saw whales. Alaska is a beautiful, unique cruise. I have many other places I would like to see before going again. Definitely should be on the bucket list.

Best weather Alaskan cruise

TKV’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 11134
First time we booked a balcony and it was awesome. We had plenty of room, liked the comfort of seeing the views from our own space and it was very comfortable. If I had to find a complaint; would have liked more room between the closet & the bed and the pull out couch was like sitting on a wooden box.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins