3. MSC Seaview
My family and I have been on many cruises in the past and thought this one would be equally as pleasant as the others. THE GOOD The ship is new, clean and nicely designed. The food was good. The crew were fine nothing negative to say - although not as customer oriented as RCL, Celebrity or Norwegian. The highlight on board the ship was our daily visits to the Coffee Bar - Jason made everyday excitng for us. He was AWESOME!! Always professional and polite everytime we visited. Embarkation/Debarkation - Very good we were on and off the ship in no time. The ports visited were great - the best for us was the boat ride to Portofino THE BAD - Sadly this is where the good ends Everything seemed to be semi normal until they demonstrated just how heartless (Excursion Department Staff) they truly are. In Messina, my family and I went on a MSC bike tour. The drivers there are very reckless and I was hit by a car on the bicycle and injured both my leg, arm and severley bruised from the impact. The two tour guides attempted to bandage (first aid kit) me as best they could but I was still in pain and bleeding a lot. The tour guide then said it’s best we find a way to get her back to the boat via taxi. Thank goodness, there happened to be a good samaritan who witnessed the accident and offered her assistance while we waited for taxi services. My husband with the help of the tour guide was able to secure a taxi to get me back to the ship but was told it was our responsibility to not only pay for our way back we also had to pay for the tour guides fair and cargo for all 3 bikes to return to the ship. MSC Excursion Department had absolutely nothing in place to handle emergencies and offered zero assistance outside of the first aid rendered with the temporary bandages from the tour guides. Upon arriving back to the ship my husband paid the taxi driver as we wanted to get to the Medical Center onboard the ship as soon as possible. However, the medical center was closed (port day) when we arrived back on the ship. We then met with the manager of the Excursion Department who seemed very unconcerned when she approached me and my husband. The only think she did was a make a phone call to the nurse upon our request to see if there was anyway I could be seen prior to 4p (when the center reopened) and we were told by the manager if we paid additional money the nurse would see me. At this point it was only a 2hr wait and I told my husband I just wanted to take something for the pain and lie down. The manager walked off and we were then given forms to complete, I then realized at that moment no one had any information from the driver he was just allowed to leave without a written statement. I was also asked to fill out a medical waiver form, which I refused to complete given at no point was any type of medical services offered by MSC or MSC Excursion Department - we requested all the services that I received. We later returned to my cabin and waited until 4p to see the medical staff regarding my injuries. On a much more happier note, the staff in the medical center were very professional and courteous. Although, this was yet another cost we had to incur we felt everyone there showed compassion and empathy. The doctor accessed my injuries - cleaned and bandaged my wounds. Because I was injured, my husband and my daughter returned to the excursion desk and asked if we could cancel the reservation for our excursion the next day given the accident. The woman at the desk exclaimed that she could only refund the amount of the two tickets for me and my husband but refused to issue a refund for my son and daughter. The manager actually said, they had already done enough for us and she was only refunding the 2 tickets as a courtesy. Unbelieveable!!! Now the twist in this entire tragedy is that the excursion in question (that we wanted to cancel) is one that we never wanted in the first place. We only booked it because the Excursion Department cancelled another excursion that we had at the last minute because we speak English and there weren’t enough English speaking participants. And by the time we were notified of the cancellation, there were no other excursions available in our interest because it was last minute. We have traveled all around the world and this was our 9th cruise. On a scale from best to worst this cruise experience was the worst for my family. It could have been better but the Excursion Department and how they handled my accident and totally disrespected my family made this entire experience horrible. I am back at home now and recovering from my injuries but learned a valuable lession through all of this. Trust your gut feelings, I was hesitant about booking this cruise line due to all the negative reviews posted mostly by American travelers - I recommend for anyone traveling anywhere DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

Horrible Customer Service - Excursion Department

MSC Seaview Cruise Review by Seal_2012

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Fantastica Balcony Stateroom

THE GOOD

THE BAD - Sadly this is where the good ends

Seal_2012’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Get MSC Seaview price drops

Fantastica Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2
The room was ok - no complaints
Aegean Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins