3. S.S. Maria Theresa
Took this trip as a Christmas Market trip- Uniworld delivered. However, I would do the Danube River again and make sure we took in more of the historical parts of the cities - we missed out on that - to be fair we booked a Christmas Market trip - so it wasn't a Uniworld thing. Cities are amazing. Ship is spectacular. Clean, beautiful, crew was friendly and helpful. We found we had issues with one particular high profile crew member that really didn't do anything wrong so to speak- it was just a lack of what we have come to expect from that type of position.... it makes for a less than great experience overall. Cabin and steward were amazing. Pretty typical cabin size- bathroom was laid out different so felt spacious but we banged elbows in the shower trying to shampoo... storage was fine in closet and bathrooms. Room was always clean. Dining was good. Some days the food was amazing! Other days it was just fine. I don't care for buffets - and they had those more than not. The staff in dining room was terrific- we really enjoyed getting to know some of the crew. Very nice people. We found we missed the little things we found on Viking- treats when you return to the ship- more socializing with the program director and other officers - lots of little things were missing. There was a small lounge at the back of the boat if you didn't want to be in the larger lounge, there was also a pool which we didn't use, and a small workout area on board. Tours were all nice- hit or miss with a few of the guides - but we still loved the tours and cities. We did slots of exploring on our own after the ship tour. There was some confusion with a few tours being offered then not enough space for everyone- things like that were deflating to many of the passengers. Overall - the ship and most of the crew were just fine- I think for the price I paid and the overall feeling of what was delivered - I wouldn't go on Uniworld again unless their pricing was more in line with others that included airfare etc. I feel like I paid for the Ritz Carlton concierge level service and got the Ramada Inn...

Love the Danube

S.S. Maria Theresa Cruise Review by murraync

Cities are amazing.

Ship is spectacular. Clean, beautiful, crew was friendly and helpful.

murraync’s Full Rating Summary