Despite some reservations in view of some reviews the dates worked for us and the Fjords was somewhere we had not previously visited. After speaking to a Travel Agent we went for an early saver fare, guaranteed cabin style but cabin and dining arrangements advised later / on board. Used CPS for parking - very smooth service would recommend. Embarkation very smooth although we were around one hour early against allocated check in this was not a problem. Within 20 mins we were in our cabin. We booked a deluxe balcony cabin and it was great a bit of a wow factor when you enter and the fizz and chocs made for a great start to our holiday. We were near the back of the ship and I don’t know where I would chose to be, you get a cabin selection option with the select fare but I guess I would always just take what was available in the cabin grade desired. Although I am an inexperienced cruiser. Freedom dining is what it says in the evening you turn up at what time you wish there may be a table available or you will have a wait until one becomes free ( they provide you with a buzzer). The food was fine but for us the service was a little rushed and they pack the tables in - one evening we had a table for 2 but the table next to us was very close. I also think they squeeze 10 onto a 8 seat table.So, we used the specialty dining venues on 5 of the 7 nights which were excellent and represented excellent value. Breakfast and lunch were good we tried both waiter and self service breakfast probably preferred the latter - the waiters are stretched and the wait for coffee can go on a bit but if asked the waiters are very responsive. Self service choice very good. Good selection of bars and we liked the fact they were in different areas of the ship and each one had its own feel. Again waiters can be stretched but if asked / reminded respond positively. Prices we thought were fair and there is no pressure for tips (although a service charge is added per day we were happy with this ) and much better than the more American Royal Carribean approach. Entertainment is personal taste, for us it was a bit hit and miss the venues however are good. Overall and I only have one Royal Carribean cruise to compare to I felt the entertainment could be better. Management of stops was fine and overall the service and facilities were good - we would certainly return to the more British P & O approach before Royal Carribean.

Overall Very Good Experience & Value

Ventura Cruise Review by Mark Caerleon

Mark Caerleon’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Ventura price drops

Cabin D722
Very comfortable and roomy deck 9 good balance between top deck facilities and main promenade deck.
  Ventura Deck Plans