• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Carnival Breeze Review

Editor Rating
13 Awards

Our cruise on the Breeze was a breeze

Review for Carnival Breeze to the Western Caribbean
CarolfromTX
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jul 2018
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View
Traveled with children

This was our very first cruise. We sailed out of Galveston on the Carnival Breeze. We sailed with our daughter and our two grandkids, aged 9 and 11. I confess I was a bit nervous about parking and getting onto the ship, but Carnival had a very easy and efficient process. The parking people also made it easy for us. We had a rather late check in time, but I am sort of glad we did. Our morning was leisurely, and we were able to get into our cabins right away.

The kids were worried about Camp Ocean at first, but after the first day, they were loving it. My daughter loved that they were independent enough to go there on their own, and responsible enough to come back to the cabin on time.

The food was fine, but mostly nothing special. I was surprised to learn that the food served in the dining room was identical to the food in the buffet. The buffet also had additional offerings. The pastries were NOT good – usually dry and tasteless – but everything else was acceptable ot better. The big difference was service. Our dining room wait staff was superb. Big Texas shout out to Nyoman, Udaya, and Wipa for outstanding service. They remembered our preferences and were very good with the kids.

Deluxe Ocean View