3. Norwegian Breakaway
I chose this cruise for the itinerary because it lets you see all the capitals of so many different countries all in 9 days. Also, they offer solo cabins for the single cruiser of which I am one. They said there is no single supplement but call it what you will, I did not pay the single traveller price but almost the full travel price of 2 people. Cruise lines are really missing "the boat" on single travellers. The food was very good and they have a lot of selection. There is a myriad of different restaurants - Italian, Sushi, steak, seafood, asian noodle bar- and cuisines to choose from and so many bars that I don't know if I ever saw them all- though I did my best LOL. They had a lot of slides for kids, and rock walls, somthing to do with ropes, bowling, movies, a plethora of different musical venues, broadway shows, and lots of activities to keep you busy if you want to do it. (I would have liked to have seen Netflix on all the televisions in the rooms and you can watch what you want to watch when you want to watch it. As it is, the selection on tv is minimal and sometimes a show would end and then there was absolutely nothing on till the next show started). Everyone made me feel comfortable being a solo traveler with one exception. My first full day at sea I went to the savor dining room and told them 1 diner. She looked at me with a perplexed expression so I quickly added on, a table that seats 2 is fine or I will share a table. She told me no one was sharing right now and she waved her finger in the air (my personal favorite) and said there is nothing she can do to help me and walked away. I was awestruck and stood there with my mouth open. Can't I eat by myself in this dining room? She hurt my heart with her words and I was so saddened I almost cried. A couple days later I was eatting in this same room with 2 people I had met aboard ship when the assistant matre de' came by to ask how everything was. I told him this story and asked if single people were not allowed to eat here and he said no she should have never treated me that way and took my room number. I thought surely he would send a bottle of wine to my stateroom as a sorry you were treated this way gesture. But no, no bottle of wine, he didn't even offer to buy me a glass of wine. Very disappointing that. Besides this one glitch I had a wonderful cruise. The ports were fantastic. Cobblestone streets, breathtaking architecture, outdoor markets, cathedrals.... It would have been nice to spend 2 days in a different port that ST Petersburg Russia because in Russia you cannot get off the boat and walk around by yourself. You have to be on a excursion through either the boat or a professional company- unless you have a Russian Visa which costs $300 and takes 6 months to get. I like to get off the ship and walk around on my own so this was disappointing. All in all a great cruise and can't wait till my next one!

Had one of the best vacations of my life!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by habuse

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Studio Stateroom

All in all a great cruise and can't wait till my next one!
habuse’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1 11533
Loved the cabin. The bed was bigger that I had expected and all the cubby holes gave me plenty of room for my belongings. Nice that you can fit your luggage under the bed. Though the pillows were very hard. You definitely need new softer pillows.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Berlin
    WE saw absolutely everything, the Berlin wall, checkpoint Charlie, a concentration camp, got a train ride through the countryside. This was a fantastic excursion. Loved the guide, very informative and had a lot of stories.