3. Norwegian Bliss
The embarkation from Seattle was excellent and went smooth. Boarding the vessel was easy and the port was amazing. After boarding the ship, we immediately proceeded to the Q Restaurant to make reservations for Laser Tag and the Go-Carts. The process was slow and unorganized. The individual that took our reservations wrote them in pencil on a piece of paper. I made 4 reservations that morning. Later it was discovered that one of the reservations was not entered at all and two of the others were input for the wrong time. Trying to change these once we set sail was not easy and we ended up only attending two of the 4 scheduled events. We were not charged for the events not attended, but, the hassle was still annoying. This started the trip off with a poor experience and I found that, in general, the reservations systems on the ship were inadequate. We also had made dinner reservations for the Manhattan Room for 4 nights (in advance) for 5:30 with 10 people. The first two nights, when we entered the dining hall, they attempted to sit us at 8 top tables because they were not ready for our group (both nights we arrived on time) and we ended up standing in the middle of the dining hall waiting for our table, because they attempted to seat us. We ended up going to another restaurant which was much more accommodating (Taste). In addition, I asked at the customer service desk about a "back of house tour". I were not any tours of that sort on board. My 11 year old is fascinated by cruise ships and their operations, I thought that would be an excellent experience for her. A day or so later, I saw a sheet listing a tour like I requested, I went to ask about the tour and was told it was full, but I could be put on a waiting list. I was never notified either way about the tour, so we didn't end up getting to tale advantage of the opportunity. The "HERO Cards" are also tacky when handed out by wait staff at dinner. Our first two evenings, the staff handed us pens and the cards to fill out for them, they even wrote their names on them. This was a great introduction to the system, and a good way to recognize good customer service, but when an individual hands them to you, it becomes less authentic and genuine, and more of a task. I refused to complete the ones handed to us unless there was exceptional service. At times, I requested cards from employees that I thought deserved them, but the way that they are distributed needs to be reviewed. The onboard services were good and a very clean ship. Employees were very helpful and accommodating (for the most part). Because of the size and offerings, it feels a bit institutionalized and generic. There were a lot of options available, which was excellent, but at the same time, it may be a bit too much for the staff to handle.

Family Cruise to Alaska

Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 9194
The cabin was clean and our steward was fantastic.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins