3. Carnival Victory
I want to start with the praises because the list is shorter. I loved our steward on the 10th floor although I didn't see him as frequently as stewards on previous cruises. I think they seemed short-staffed. He was sweet to replenish the ice in my husband's beer bucket without our asking. That was kind. I liked one of the comedians. I think Cee Cee was his name. Although his R rated show should have been an X. I couldn't imagine taking my 18 year old daughter in there but he was funny. The other guy was ok. I think his name was BT or something but he engaged too much with audience members doing improv more than sticking with a skit. Loved the gym. Descent, modern equipment with a great view and never had to wait to use anything. Usually just a few people in there. The process of loading and unloading passengers went smoothly and our waiter at dinner was nice too. This is where my compliments stop. I get that it is impossible for there to not be some glitches but having to turn off plumbing in the middle of the night was a hassle. The smell of smoke walking through the casino was disgusting. Need better filters. The piano bar guy sucked. That has always been my favorite part of the cruise. In the past, the piano guys were so engaging. This guy got off course, only took requested if you tipped, would say he would play certain songs and never play them, and instead would play weird "non piano bar songs". No one stayed longer than one or two songs. There was never more than 10people in there. The waiter took my husband's half full beer when he went to restroom and refused to replace it. The food gets worse and worse each cruise. It's obvious they are cutting corners on a lot over the years. I don't think I took more than a couple of bites of any of my food. The sandwich wraps from deli were edible (hard to ruin) and the fish tacos at cantina were descent. The pizza sucked. I even was disappointed this time in Guys burgers. The dining room was horrible. Every entree, side, desert or appetizer was mediocre at best. I tried to avoid the buffets because some patrons act like it's a competitive sport and it's like Survivor: The Golden Corral Buffet. I kind of get PTSD with some neanderthals acting like they have never eaten or will never eat again. Seems more and more family reunion situations which is fine I guess but it sucks when an entire family camps out in certain sections like the pool, hot tub, etc and they act like they are the only ones there, yelling at the top of their lungs being obnoxious. The walls are paper thin. We were under the gym. Not sure if we heard weights being dropped all night or what but it was noisy. I wish there was a way to put noisy party animals on one floor, and people who respect their neighbors all on one floor. It sucks when either the Captain, staff, or neighbors are all taking turns making noise. I think they have cut back on a lot. They charge now for room service after 10 pm and all the "upgrades" we would get are gone. They also seem short staffed. In the theater, a waiter was ignoring us trying to get his attention so other customers had to point us out. I was bummed because we wanted to take advantage of being one of the few left on the ship after docking in Mexico. I went to hot tub, it was cold. Went to steam room and sauna, turned off. I guess they shut these things down in Port. The floors of the lido deck and the attached dining area were always wet. I lost count of how many people I saw fall. I have bad knees and ankles so I walk especially careful and slow and I slid a lot. Even saw an elderly guy in a wheelchair fall and there wasn't a staff member anywhere. My husband had to flag him down. All in all, u get what u pay for. Some people probably really get their money's worth. For families on a budget, it's a deal. U get your lodging, food, transportation and entertainment. Our teens have always enjoyed all the activities in the teen club but my husband and I would never step foot on this ship if it was just us.

Sucked

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Liveforgiven123

Liveforgiven123’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Liked that it was at end of the hall but always some noise keeping us up.
  Carnival Victory Deck Plans