3. Norwegian Epic
We choose this cruise line because our family tries to go on a new cruise every year. This is my 3rd cruise and my families 4th. When we got to the terminal in Barcelona the Norwegian staff was right there to help with bags and made security a breeze. Especially for someone that has PTSD and can't handle lines or things not going smooth. The security staff helped us through the process and then one of the ships staff members was on the other side walking us to a check-in representative. As we got to check-in we walked right up to the counter, got our ID cards and then was taken to the ship. As we entered the photo staff was there to take our pictures. I was surprised on how helpful they were especially since we were a group of 8. On board the ship everything was extremely clean, staff was there to welcome us onboard and bar staff was offering drinks. After we got a drink we went up to the room where our bags were already waiting for us. On other ships we have waited up to 6 hours for our luggage. Our room was a good size, spot less and completely met our expectations. We couldn't have asked for a better steward. The towel animals he made were out of this world. On our first night we had went to shower and noticed that our shower head was broke. The next morning we let him know and it was fixed within an hour. Each night on the cruise ship we tried a different dinning hall. Each of the dining halls had amazing food. Nothing beats the steak house on this ship though. The chef at the steak house definitely knew what he was doing. Highly recommended. As for dessert, the best dessert you'll get on the ship is in the steak house. On a side note don't get the green tea cake at the hibachi. It tastes like card board and spinach. Overall I would say the trip was amazing. We booked the cruise through Costco and get an awesome deal. I highly recommend the excursions. If you want to save some money book them through Shore Excursions Group LLC. We did way more than what the cruise offered if we had booked with them and saved money. Firdoze from the photo crew by far stood out from any other staff members on the cruise. She knew us by name, was very patient with the special needs party in our group, always livened up the area and when it was time to purchase our pictures she was right there to help explain the process. At one point I got beyond confused with the pricing and was getting frustrated because the computer and the sign said two different prices. Firdoze came and helped us print our pictures we wanted. Helped us determine which package was best for us and even saved us over $200. Major kudos to her for all of her hard work helping us.

Amazing Crew. Photo crew went above and beyond

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Patrick.m.kennedy1

Patrick.m.kennedy1’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE 10044
Our cabin was much more than we expected. The room was clean and very spacious. We couldn't have asked for a better steward.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Barcelona
    The city of Barcelona was amazing to go out and see. If time permits go see all the shops arounds the area. We stayed at the Barcelona Airport Hotel and its well worth it. The staff will help you get around and are very familiar with the area.
    View All 2,230 Barcelona Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barcelona Cruise Port Review
  • Cannes
    Canes was an experience in its own. We didn't take an excursion which I think was a mistake. We thought that it would be a good idea to go and lay on the beach however theres only about 500 feet of beach that we could use without someone telling us we would have to pay to be there. But after a while we went and walked around the city, had lunch and did some shopping. The stores and shops were very well stocked and the deals where insane.
    View All 494 Cannes Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cannes Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    Florence was interesting because of the leaning tower of Pisa and the city walk. Seeing both places really woke you up and helped understand the true way of life in Italy. Try as much food as possible. The food in Florence is awesome and I wanted to take it home.
    View All 79 City Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    Highly recommended you go out and see the town. Go with a tour group so you can see the best spots. Just make sure that your group tour is 15 or less people or you won't be able to see everything. At the end of the tour we were able to go by some souvenirs at the city mart.
    View All 66 City Tour Reviews
  • Caves of Drach
    The caves were pretty cool. I gave this the rating that I did because our tour guide took us to the pearl factory and 90% of the tour was driving. The description says that the cave tour is a mile long. However the tour itself was very short, I fell walking down the stairs cause they were wet and only things to grab on was the rocks.
    View All 26 Caves of Drach Reviews
  • City Tour
    Rome was by far my favorite day. Seeing the Vatican and the Colosseum is something I will never forget. The architecture is out of this world, very colorful and clean. You couldn't have asked for a better time.
    View All 320 City Tour Reviews