Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review
1,118 Reviews

Old ship, not enough staff/crew, don’t book this ship

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by benherr

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Extended Balcony Grand Suite

Not my first cruise, so I expected of few things to not be perfect. This ship should be retired! We had an extended balcony suite, so size was great, but bathroom was being held together with a poor caulk job. Curtains were torn and overall appearance was worn out. Rust stains on ceiling above bed were gross. Ship hasn’t been updated in a very long time. I heard a passenger say it looked retro, I didn’t have he heart to tell them it was just old.

Every bar and restaurant had long lines and was understaffed. With our suite came “priority” seating was was great until we were seated in the middle of the dining room in a cleaning area. Food was good, better than expected, but only because everything else was as so poor. Kids area seemed dirty. I would let my kids go with their age groups because it seems like a poorly managed operation.

The music being played in the pool was a bit too adult for my 8 and 12 year old which wasn’t a problem most of the time because the pool is so small we never stood a chance of getting in it during normal hours. At every turn there were empty cocktail glasses and food plates in the halls, again understaffed to handle everything. What crew we did see working always smiled and seemed nice, hey just couldn’t keep up demand. I’ll never travel on his ship again and will think long and hard about Carnival. The convenience of the port in Charleston doesn’t make up for the crappy cruise. Don’t waste your time and money!

benherr's Full Rating Summary

Extended Balcony Grand Suite
Cabin ES U94

Great space, poor quality. Old and outdated!

benherr