• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2018
Cabin: Club Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

We chose this cruise based upon advertising and online recommendations. In a nutshell, the Azamara Quest over-promises and under-performs in many areas, all while charging premium dollars for the cruise. First, we have been on well over 100 cruises and my wife and I agree that the crew on the Quest was the best of any of our many voyages.They were consistently "GREAT". Also, the Captain interacted with the passengers daily, something you rarely see in today's cruise world.

The food was hit or miss. We did not go to alternative dining. Food in the Discoveries Restaurant was good, but not great. Hit or miss! For example on several nights, I ordered fish, and without exception, it was very dry. Food in the windows café was varied and again, good, but not great.

Based on our cruising experience, most of the shore excursions were grossly overpriced.

Club Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

We had a cabin with a veranda. It was "cozy" but adequate. The bathroom was miniscule. For example, If I sat on the toilet, unless I moved my legs to the left, I could not close the door.

6 Helpful Votes