3. Azamara Quest
We chose this cruise based upon advertising and online recommendations. In a nutshell, the Azamara Quest over-promises and under-performs in many areas, all while charging premium dollars for the cruise. First, we have been on well over 100 cruises and my wife and I agree that the crew on the Quest was the best of any of our many voyages.They were consistently "GREAT". Also, the Captain interacted with the passengers daily, something you rarely see in today's cruise world. The food was hit or miss. We did not go to alternative dining. Food in the Discoveries Restaurant was good, but not great. Hit or miss! For example on several nights, I ordered fish, and without exception, it was very dry. Food in the windows café was varied and again, good, but not great. Based on our cruising experience, most of the shore excursions were grossly overpriced. While we were in port most days, and many passengers left the ship, activities on board were almost nonexistent. Those they had, included such things as "table tennis get-together, unhosted", "Enjoy a caprese Panini in windows café", "bridge game get-together, unhosted" and a "Last chance art sale". Entertainment on "The White Night" and the "Amazing Evening" was extraordinary and enjoyed by all. On balance, most of the other entertainment was good. The ship itself showed some signs that it was due to be refurbished; however, it was well-maintained and very clean. There was a daily trivia however unlike most ships, many of the questions were very difficult, to a fault. We have played a lot of trivia and Azamara must learn to ask questions that are age-appropriate for their passengers and challenging, but not impossible, to answer. I did use the fitness center if you times and the equipment was good, but very limited. The ports were fine and very interesting, but for the most part, very crowded, as you might expect in Europe, in the summer. One last thing. We were told not to make flight arrangements before 11 AM on the last day. As it was, passengers were told to disembark beginning at 8 to 9 AM. Had we known this, our plane travel home could have been much more direct and would have allowed us to get home without overnighting in New York City.

Disappointed

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by regtir

regtir’s Full Rating Summary

Club Deluxe Veranda Stateroom
Cabin VX
We had a cabin with a veranda. It was "cozy" but adequate. The bathroom was miniscule. For example, If I sat on the toilet, unless I moved my legs to the left, I could not close the door.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins