3. Emerald Princess
My wife and I were blown away by the experience. Starting at embarkation; very efficient -- we were onboard within 20 minutes from my arrival at the port. A quick self-tour of the ship awed us with the facilities and atmosphere. Our cabin was surprisingly roomy, given what we had heard. Plenty of room, bed soft as a cloud, and the balcony -- we lived on the balcony. Even in Alaskan waters, we kept the door open overnight to hear the sound of the ship's wake. Crown Grille served what was among my best meals ever. Meals in the main dining room were almost always very good (not quite to the Crown Grille level, but very good. The Saturday night NY strip steak was a kind of tough. Champagne breakfast on the balcony was decadent. Cruise Director Alexander and his staff were always warm and entertaining. The Irish duo who generally played in the Wheelhouse bar (Rolling Wave maybe?) were our favorites. From campfire-style songs to bawdy Irish drinking songs, to Johnny Cash, their repertoire was broad and impressive. Second favorite was the Walker Black Duo, usually in Explorers. The guy in Crooners was OK, very personable and good with the crowd, but he yelled more than sang and his voice was subpar.

First timer -- I wanna go back!

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by Yukonjake

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

A quick self-tour of the ship awed us with the facilities and atmosphere.

PrincessCruises3, Social Team, Princess Cruises has responded
Hi Yukonjake, we're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your first Princess experience! We hope to welcome you both onboard again soon!
Yukonjake’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC A739
The cabin was surprisingly roomy, compared to what I had heard. The bed was like sleeping in a cloud. The head was as expected (small and cramped).
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Dog Sledding
    Everything you've heard is true. The puppies! The sledding! Being on the glacier!
    View All 147 Dog Sledding Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Algae bloom reduced visibility, but I mostly did id for bragging rights (snorkeling in Alaska). The different sea life from my each at home was interesting.
    View All 30 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Yukon Van Tour
    Train up to Fraser and then van as far as Emerald Lake. Scenic and relaxing, I loved seeing the traces of the miners' trail up the White Pass from the train.
    View All 126 Yukon Van Tour Reviews