3. Grand Classica
I'd seen a lot of negative reviews before going, but I always take reviews with a grain of salt, usually disregarding the 5-stars and the 1-stars and concentrating on the middle range. I would put this ship/cruise solidly in the 3.5-star rating leaning towards 4. It was an exceptional deal for 2 nights away, especially as a solo-traveler, I can't say that it would have been the same if their had been 2 people going, since that borders into more nights on most other lower cost lines. But I got a clean well kept ocean view cabin for ~$210 including taxes as mentioned by u/ravrnorl, this was over the weekend so there was plenty of partying to do, there where also plenty of places to escape the party and just relax if that is your preference. The cabin was clean and had all the amenities a similarly priced room on land would have, though I do recommend taking your own shower stuff, its a single pump all in one gel there. But I tend to take my own personal items wherever I go, so it wasn't an issue to me. The entertainment is well fairly entertaining and lots of different options, definitely worth checking out if you're bored with the activities going on up on the top decks. As mentioned the buffet is, a buffet.. its a lot of quickly made food to serve a lot of quickly lining up people, but the MDR and Admirals room are both really good, with excellent service and friendly helpful staff so I definitely recommend it over the buffet when it fits into your schedule. Freeport itself was pretty fun, though I didn't like the trip to the Lucayan Resort.. it was fine aside from the parents yelling at their kids for "causing a scene" when all I actually noticed was the parents causing a scene #ghettolife, but its not like that doesn't happen everywhere something is cost effective. I did enjoy the market there, and wandered around the docks/market for most of the day after I left the resort. Personally if you want a tour and something to do, I'd schedule the tour ride to the market and just skip the resort option. There are more excursions available on the docks that will still have you back in time to get to the ship by 4:30pm. Onboard, I met a bunch of really cool people and we talked about a varying spectrum of interests, all in all everyone was pretty friendly and interactive. Cons: In the end the only real big "Con" for me was that it is definitely short (2 days afk is not really enough), and there are some people that expect too much from their low cost cruise and/or treat their kids like poorly but again that happens everywhere and isn't exclusive to this cruise line (or life on land for that matter). There was definitely an issue with the tap-water (which is used to make all the mixes in the buffet area too) .. It's terrible. It doesn't taste like it's unclean, but more like it's over-cleaned.. that being said, its exactly the same flavor as the tap water in West Palm Beach, so I'm thinking that's due to them just using the city water to fill up and not adding any additional filtration. So I definitely recommend paying the $4 it costs for 32oz of bottled water.

Excellent cost to value ratio, in contrast to many reviewers I loved it...

Grand Classica Cruise Review by slaxs

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas

Cons:

slaxs’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Classica price drops

As mentioned in my review, as a single traveler it was awesome to not need to pay for two people. Room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and everything worked as expected.