3. Zuiderdam
Cruised with HAL before and found them good, same service etc on this cruise. I didn’t book the drinks package and found it was cheaper to pay as you go especially as the cruise had happy hour a few times each day. (Buy one and get another for 2$) The entertainment was good from the main dancers and singers but the comedian was awful. The group ‘Five o’clock somewhere’ where good singers but didn’t really like their quirky act. The B.B. kings were great but it was the same show each night I enjoyed the Lincoln centre stage The billboard on board see,ed to be popular but I only went on one occasion The trivia was good fun and good way to meet people The food in the dining room was a little cold on some occasions Overall the food was excellent I didn’t go on any of the HAL excursions Tallin This is an easy city to do on your own - it has a free walking tour from the main tourist office at Niguliste at noon for 2 hours, although the town is pretty compact so you could easily walk about on your own. It is about 5/10 minute walk from terminal The small train that goes around the city does not have commentary St. Petersburg I completed a 2 day tour with SPB who were half the price of HAL with the same itinerary. The hermitage was packed and very uncomfortable to tour. Helsinki This is a large city, you are given a map by the tourist office on arrival, if you ask them to show you were your location and follow the sea this will take you to senate square etc. About another half hour walking will take you to the rock church and sibilieus monument. There is a shuttle bus service for about £10 Euro return. Stockholm I did the hop on hop off bus tour which was good, you could equally do the hop on hop off boat tour which will take you to the same sights or just take the ferry to all the sights which would be slightly cheaper. I went to Glama Stan to see the palace etc. Rostock The ship supplied a shuttle bus to this small town for free, easy to get around to see the huge clock in the main church. Kiel I did a free walking tour from the port at 0930 for 2 hours this was by Maggie and very good, it is also a small town and easy to get around, only about 5 minute walk to centre of town Copenhagen I got air luggage to take my case to the airport £15 Euro and then caught the number 27 bus into the little mermaid then walked into town. There is a bus number 11 takes you around all the sights but this an easy city to manage on foot. Went to Rosenberg castle to see the changing of the guard at 1130 hours I booked a city pass ticket for public transport for 80 DEK which got me the train from central station to the airport as well, you can buy this ticket from outside the terminal but I got it online.

Great cruise and itinerary

Zuiderdam Cruise Review by Mini1504

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom
Cruised with HAL before and found them good, same service etc on this cruise.

The B.B. kings were great but it was the same show each night

I enjoyed the Lincoln centre stage

The billboard on board see,ed to be popular but I only went on one occasion

The trivia was good fun and good way to meet people

The food in the dining room was a little cold on some occasions

Overall the food was excellent

I didn’t go on any of the HAL excursions

Tallin

The small train that goes around the city does not have commentary

St. Petersburg

The hermitage was packed and very uncomfortable to tour.

Helsinki

There is a shuttle bus service for about £10 Euro return.

Stockholm

I went to Glama Stan to see the palace etc.

Rostock

Kiel

Copenhagen

Went to Rosenberg castle to see the changing of the guard at 1130 hours

Mini1504’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Zuiderdam price drops

Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 10021
Great spacious cabin, booked an inside and it had a side window. lots of space in cabin with a great steward
My cabin was below the retreat which seemed to be used by the staff on 2 nights for parties but these didn’t go on too late, but earplugs would be useful
Observation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins