• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

Carnival Paradise Review

Editor Rating

The good, the bad, the creepy entertainer

Review for Carnival Paradise to the Mexican Riviera
staceyrain
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Feb 2010
Cabin:

We are not very experienced cruisers. All three times were short cruises. We just like to not have to drive for a few days of travel and actually spend a lot of time reading in our room and enjoying the rocking of the ship. I really have no complaints because we got what we paid for at about $300/person for a 4 day cruise. I just am giving it all the info so people who read this know what they're paying for.

COMFORT: There were not many kids on this cruise because of the time of year but there aren't many quiet placed to relax and read, so if there were a lot of kids and that's not your thing you might be disappointed. The "library" is very uncomfortable and loud because it's also the board-game room. I found the area near the coffee shop best for relaxing when there were no activities.

FOOD: We ate in the Elation dining room. I liked the starter dishes best and toward the end it got so that I'd order soup, salad and another starter, skip the weird dinners and get a dessert. I'm not that picky but I we each had to send a dinner back with a chunk of fatty prime rib that shouldn't have ever come out of the kitchen. Other people at the table also returned food or didn't eat it. It seemed like a sad waste.

Noisy, too close to anchor. No hairdryer, great size shower, low water pressure. Nice view of Catalina and Ensenada when docked. 1 window.

Port Reviews

Catalina Island (California)

I love Catalina for just strolling around in a completely safe area. We took the Casino (not really a casino) tour on another trip there, but it was closed. I wished the boat docked long enough to get to go to a 2 p.m. movie there. The glass bottom boat only allowed us to see 3-4 varieties of fish but it was a short tour and didn't take a lot of time. We took a bus tour around the island which we booked on the dock. It was a really funky 1950's bus but so uncomfortable and would be hot in the summer with no AC. We wished we'd done the Segway tour. It looked fun.

2 Helpful Votes