3. Grandeur of the Seas
Grandeur is a great ship with great staff but has seemed to tailor its daily activity schedule for the retirees/seniors that frequently travel on this ship. This was my second sailing on Grandeur (last one was a 7 night to Bermuda in 2015) and although I had similar expectations to some of things I remembered on my first sailing, I did not expect this sailing to be so boring during the day and the food quality to diminish. Most of the cruises big events such as the pool deck party, love and marriage game show, or productions were during days when we were docked, when most people had excursions and were off the ship. Additionally, they did not have much to do during the sea days (4 total sea days) unless you wanted to learn how to make a towel animal or exercise, making both pools a packed place. Even the rock wall had select hours with 1-2 hour time frames available during the day making it very limited for anyone to use. The food was also below my expectation of what I know I've gotten from Royal Caribbean in the main dining room. Much of our food was given to us cold leaving us to send it back meals multiple nights and having to go to the specialty restaurants or eat in the ports of call just to get a decent meal. Having traveled on 5 cruises, 3 Royal Caribbean cruises - 2 on Grandeur and 1 on Enchantment, I expected a little more activity during the day not a retirement community ship and definitely better food. Outside of the cruise being boring, this ship has the best attentive staff that you truly remember and get to know and size if you're not looking to be on a super large ship. If I choose to do another smaller ship sailing, I'll stick to the Royal Caribbean cruises out of Florida instead which all have been fun.

Great cruise for seniors/retirees, not so much for 18-40 year olds

kc0727’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 4B 7556
Our cabin was excellent and a relaxing retreat.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins