3. Amsterdam
My Mother bought us a family cruise for all of us for our Birthdays. We were very excited. The whole trip was a disaster on the Ansterdam. 1st day they gave my brother’s in laws a 2 bed bedroom and my other brother and his daughter a one bed bedroom. They would of switched rooms but my brother’s room had no hot water the whole 7 days of the trip. They wouldn’t switch the room for him or the in laws. So he and my niece had too shower in my Moms room and they would only give her a $200 credit. The toilets did work for a couple of hours 3 times and we didn’t have water from 12 midnight till 5 am and it still didn’t really fix the problem. The DVD player in my room didn’t work, TV was fuzzy the safe locked me out. The movie they played in the so called movie theater was the same movies they played on the 2 TV movie channels. Their nature experts couldn’t answer simple question like does Alaska have Racoons. She said they didn’t but we asked a excursion guide and he said of course we do. The food was not soso the service was poor. I could go on and on. My brother summed it up the cruise was a floating Motel 6 with Denny’s food. Alaska was beautiful! It was just a awful ship.

First and last cruise!

Amsterdam Cruise Review by Lookn4balance

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Lanai Ocean-View Stateroom

The DVD player in my room didn’t work, TV was fuzzy the safe locked me out.

The food was not soso the service was poor.

I could go on and on.

My brother summed it up the cruise was a floating Motel 6 with Denny’s food.

Alaska was beautiful! It was just a awful ship.
Lookn4balance’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Amsterdam price drops

Lanai Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin CA 2599
The room had a chipped table, stained toilet seat the light switch was on the front of the bed head board so while sleeping you kept turning on the lights. The DVD player didn’t work the safe locked me out.
The good thing was it was very quite.
Lower Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins