3. Seven Seas Explorer
After reading reviews about this ship we were eager to experience it for ourselves. Regent Seven Seas exceeded our expectations from our first phone call to the company. All our questions were answered and desires met. From first contact we were impressed with the efficiency in meeting and exceeding our expectations. The ship is a floating work of Art and engineering masterpiece. Pictures of the ship are beautiful, but it must be experienced in person to really capture all that it is. Our F1 suite, 937, was clean and quiet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_XnNsOBeGw Watch video for details. Suites that end in a 7 have pull-out couches to easily accommodate a 3rd occupant. We normally are Independence travelers; not usually going on cruise line shore excursions. However, this trip we participated on at least one ship excursion per port including a fishing trip, that cost us a reasonable $129 per person. Enjoying the informative, comfortable excursions were a highlight of our adventure. We liked the excursions so much that we often went on two a day. Our luggage was delayed by the airline, for three days, transferring from Copenhagen to Oslo. Chris at reception and his team went above and beyond with a sympathetic ear, complimentary overnight laundry, toiletries, toothbrushes, razors, etc., and I much appreciated 25% discount to purchase clothing from their gift shop. My husband picked out a beautiful dress for me to wear to dinner. We had our insurance agent calling the airline daily as well as my husband also made several calls a day inquiring about our luggage, but I believe we got our luggage because ship staff went to the airport in Copenhagen to pick up ours and twelve other passengers luggage. It is important that I mention that ship personnel did this for us even though we booked our own air. Thank you Chris for saving the day! Entertainment: full disclosure, we do not ordinarily go out after dinner, preferring to sit on our balcony and watch the ever changing scenery pass by while we plan for the upcoming days adventures. We did however enjoy the comedy show. Dining, oh the food, everything and anything my heart desired, ordering on or off the menu. Attention to detail was evident down to the Versace table setting and Chihuli Glass Chandelier and art. Service: Attentive and unobtrusive. All staff seemed truly joyful, smiling as they worked, sharing in conversation when appropriate, having an ability to read us, anticipating our desires and needs, learning our names by day two, recalling our favorite beverage. This was consistent as we did not dine in the same restaurant two nights in a row. How they knew to recommend fish dishes to me and meat dishes to my husband is a secret that I cannot figure out. Their recommendations were spot on. I recommend Regent to the seasoned sophisticated traveler who appreciates fine dining, art and who believes that the journey is as important as the destination. Bridge players and trivia enthusiasts made up a good portion of passengers. There were a few families with teenage children and I saw one family with much younger children at the end of our cruise. A childrens' program was available. We are a couple in our 50's traveling without children so I cannot advice on suitability for families with children.

Regent Met Then Exceeded Our Expectations

llam’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Explorer price drops

Superior Suite
Cabin F1 937
Huge suite; walk in closet, large balcony, king size bed, desk, plenty of drawer space, separate sitting area, separated from sleeping area by a curtain. Note Suites ending in 7 have a pull out couch. Clean and Quiet.
Deck 10 Suite Cabins