• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

DewMoney
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2018
Cabin:

We had heard good reports about Viking River Cruises and when we saw this lovely itinerary on the relatively new Viking Ocean Cruise line we decided to give it a try. And we were delighted with our choice! One reason we selected this cruise was because we love days at sea. While 7-8 days at sea does not appeal at all to some travelers, my husband and I, who are retired, enjoy restful days when we don’t have to be up and ready early for an excursion. And there is so much to do on the ship during those days - the spa and pools, in-room movies, exercising and games on the deck and just watching the vast views from our veranda.

But then this cruise had some lovely ports that we had not visited before and definitely wanted to see - Puerto Rico, Madeira, Tangier, Sevilla, and others that we returned to visit. One of the features of Viking cruises is that the excursions are all included. Of course, you can upgrade for a fee if there is a special spot or experience in a port that is not part of the included outings, but pricey excursions are not necessary.

The entertainment was fine although we didn’t go to very many of the shows. We liked the lectures about the various ports, their histories and political issues. The lectures were recorded so we could watch them at our leisure.

Cabin Penthouse Veranda

Our cabin was a little small compared to other ships we have been on. But there was definitely enough space for us. The bed was very comfortable and we experienced just the right amount of rocking and sea movement to promote very restful sleep. I wasn’t crazy about the single door out to the veranda instead of the normal sliding door. I guess it was just how our cabin was positioned. But I would ask for a sliding door the next time.

10 Helpful Vote