3. Viking Sky
My husband did the choosing. I was really against 6 days at sea. I mean what can you do doing nothing for 6 long sea days? Anyway, San Juan was wonderful. Our hotel was directly across from the Dock where Sky was berthed. I will admit she was a beautiful site that morning from our hotel balcony. Boarding was a snap. Have crused 25+ times and this really was the easiest. We were greeted once onboard by the crew. In fact one of hem noted our look and asked us if we'd like a tour of the ship. WOW. I can go on and on, the singers were as good or better than any other ships entertainment. Ok, no glitz,,, however the singing was solid. Elvis was cool! The Beatles were totally entertaining. The crew is as good as it gets. One time we had an emergency. The crew , including the Dr ran to the scene. It was a minor item however they were totally on it.I heard later the DR stated with the patent all night in sick bay to make sure the person was ok. This ship is the opposite of the RCL Oasis class ones. As we were on the Oasis 7 days prior with our grandchildren I can tell you they are opposite. Yes we like them both. For very different reasons. The SKY is not a family fun ship. They do not play in that field. What I can say is they are the way my husband and I wish to travel the seas when we are not with the young family members. Our friends came with us.They to agree the SKY is the way to go. Ok, Food is solid. Loved the Buffett. Note: The sea conditions were a bit interesting. Between 3 and 10 meter swells all week. Anyway we Loved it all. Probably why we have 62 additional Viking Ocean days already booked. Team Viking, they are some of the best crew we have ever had the pleasure to cross paths with. Yes, i can name one or two on each cruise we have been on as being wonderful. The team on SKY are all that way. I cannot remember a bad experience. After 7 days at sea (missed St Martin due to heavy seas), you get to know people. . They are the reason why we booked more. Hats off to those who traveled so far to serve my husband and I up a WOW trip. Oh, remember my not wanting 6 days at sea? Well, we wanted a few more when we made it to Barcelona. It was a sad day leaving the SKY. If your wondering, do it.

Sky's TA, San Juan to Barcelona.

Viking Sky Cruise Review by sunbrookgal