3. Viking Sea
My husband and I chose Viking to tour the West Indies because of a previous excellent experience on a Viking river ship on the Grand European Tour in 2017. It was also a wonderful respite during our long and cold Canadian winter. The Viking Sea was a different but also a very good holiday. From the time we were met at the airport until we disembarked in San Juan to spend time on our own, we were assisted by knowledgeable and courteous staff. Our cabin was cleaned by staff who seemed to know when we were out. We were never disturbed by them and they were finished by the time we returned. The room was always immaculate. The meals were very good, a great variety to choose from and service excellent. What woman does not love to have the meals made and served to her! I could get very used to being called 'm'lady'. Entertainment was good although often crowded. I guess that is a sign of a popular activity. Shore excursions good, informative and and, in some cases, an experience in driving. Many of the buses/coaches were older, noisy, so that you could not hear the guide, lacked air conditioning and crowded. Maybe that is just the West Indies. The tours themselves were interesting. I would like to mention our Tour Consultant, Efren Lopez, who walked us through a number of difficulties we having. He is knowledgeable, helpful and patient. We requested him again for our third Viking Tour through the Panama Canal this fall.

Winter Relief

Viking Sea Cruise Review by lovemlady

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean

lovemlady’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sea price drops

Space adequate, cleaning staff excellent, veranda nice to sit out on with morning coffee or evening wine. Nice to have - robe, slippers, hair drier, ect.