3. Viking Sun
We have done several river cruises with Viking and were curious about Viking Ocean. The price was good and had free air. We then continue to Cuba on a back to back for a total of 18 days. We found the staff outstanding, the went out of there way to make your cruise enjoyable. The entertainment was very good. The food was very good, and we enjoyed having the option of dinning rooms without additional charges. Our favorite was Manfredi's. As expected, the ports on the Transatlantic were limited, and the shore excursions were a disappointment. However, I enjoyed the Cultural Cuba ports and shore excursions. The Background information and speakers were very good, and made the sea days enjoyable. I had a knee replacement, so I found the main pool hard to get into, and only used it once. The infinity pool at the back of the ship is small, but very enjoyable. The spa therapy pool is very nice, my used it every day. The seating around the the pools were very comfortable. We enjoyed sitting outside the Wintergarden, it was very quiet and comfortable. The pool grill had a great selecton of hamburgers and the onions rings are great. Afternoon tea was fun, and the pastries in the Explorers' Lounge were outstanding. The cabin and balcony was comfortable, but our closet was in an awkward location next to the bed.

Reposition from Lisbon to Miami, then Miami to Cuba and back to Miami.

Viking Sun Cruise Review by bcirish