Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review
3,026 Reviews

Terrible service. The ports did not impress me. Embarkation disorganized.

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by ame1mmd

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-Facing Balcony Stateroom

The complimentary restaurants had horrible service as well as the buffet. The service personnel (ex. waiters and waitresses) were horrible. They seemed upset and unhappy. For example, one would walk into the restaurant and there was no greeting, they would just grab your plate even without asking if you were done. Additionally, in the restaurant you had to be asking for a refill on your water, everything was done in a hurry like if one was going to a drive thru. Terrible!!!! I don't recommend it. Throughout the who ship, no one was polite and nobody showed any manners. It seemed everyone was trained not to have manners (e.g., no good morning, etc.). Instead, the employees put their heads down to avoid the greeting passengers. Additionally, the gym was so small and to top it off, the employees would crowd it leaving very little space for passengers to use the machines. The Norwegian iConcierge app was a good idea and it allowed my family to be able to keep in touch throughout the trip. We all downloaded it before we arrived to our cruise and saw that it was $8 (I believe) to unlock the "talk and text" feature and once we got on board and connected to she ship's wifi, the price had changed to $14.99. There was no other way for us to communicate on board so we did it anyways. The calling and texting features are seriously flawed, as you had to be on the app to receive calls and texts, which, unless your family is checking their phone every five minutes, completely defeats the purpose. It wasn't because we turned off notifications for the app, because we would get notifications every once in the while that would say we disconnected and reconnected to the ship's wifi. On the app there is also a section called "what's going on?" which gives different activities going on that day and I saw a Jeopardy game at the atrium that I was interested in. I got to the atrium and waited for it to start, but it turn out that it wasn't a Jeopardy game but another game show called the "Ultimate Challenge." This app should be able to update in real time and even when the game had started, I checked the app again and it still said Jeopardy. Their private island in Belize called "Harvest Caye" is disappointing. To begin, it's small and at the pool and beach there isn't much space. You can't pay for things using your key card like you can on the ship, even though it's their private island. All of the food there is also extra money. It doesn't make sense to me that I payed a ton of money for a cruise and at their private island, I need to pay more for food. We ended up not eating there and we went back on the cruise for lunch. If there is one positive thing, it is the specialty dining restaurants. We had two offers that we chose which were internet and the specialty dining and those were the only restaurants in which we felt like we had good service and we enjoyed eating at. The waiters and waitresses were friendlier than at the "complimentary" restaurants and the service was better. Finally, the embarkation line very disorganized. All the passengers were there at the same time. I was disappointed and doubt that will travel with them ever again.

ame1mmd's Full Rating Summary

Aft-Facing Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 11900

Nothing positive to say. The room attendant didn't provide ice. I doubt he cleaned the carpet because since we got there the carpet had cereal on it and it was never picked up until I picked it up and threw it in the garbage. He couldn't offer any service because he was never around. We had 3 people in one room and had to have a pull-down bed and the room attendant picked it up, so we had to call for him to open it again before we went to bed.

ame1mmd