Azura Cruise Review

That's one ticked off the bucket list

Azura Cruise Review by merlin1234

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom (Part Obstructed View)

Chose to go on this cruise to determine wether or not we would enjoy it. The result was that we did, and we are looking forward to going on another in the near future. The crew were excellent and the service was worthy of any 5 star hotel that I have stayed at. As for the quality of the food that was excellent as well we couldn't fault it. The portions were more than ample and some nights I found it difficult to completely clear my plate. We had freedom dining which suited us as we enjoy meeting new people, however it may not suit everybody, but you did have the option of a table for two if you didn't feel inclined to mix at any time. The entertainment on board was of a very high standard especially the shows in the theatre , plus as an added benefit the shows in the bars were of a very high professional standard, with particular emphasis on the Freddie Mercury Tribute act (class).

The only criticism I have is the cost of the excursions seemed to me to be quite high and we only went on one, however no complains about that as the tour guide was very knowledgeable and approachable.

The ports chosen were ideal and walking into the various town/city centres was quite easy.

There were plenty of onboard activities taking place both while at sea and in port which we could have partaken in should we have wished however we just wanted to read and relax and that we were allowed to do, and at no time during our time on board did we have to put up with overattentive waiting-on staff, bonus.

merlin1234's Full Rating Summary

Outside Stateroom (Part Obstructed View)
Cabin MA 710

Cabin was immaculately clean and comfortable and we had good clear views out of the window, mini-bar was refreshed on a daily basis. Could not find anything in the cabin to complain about.

Stavanger

Chose to wander around Stavanger on my own the weather was excellent and the people were very sociable and helpful. The town was impressively clean despite the fact that there was quite a lot of construction work going on.

Flam

Wandered around the Railway Museum and the village plenty to see and do

Olden

Went on the beautiful Stryn(I think that what it was called.) we we not disappointed the Norwegian mountains and lakes we'll well worth it. All the scenery was very photogenic (if such a thing can be said about scenery and landscapes)

Bergen

Decided to walk into Bergen only five minutes from the dock loved the whole place explored everything especially the fish-market amazing place and really beautiful in the sunshine.(Bergen has the reputation of constant rain think I caught it on a good day.

merlin1234