• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Luckyw
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2010
Cabin:

This was my very first cruise and I have nothing to compare it to. I was traveling with 3 other single women who had all cruised several times before. I wanted to be able to come home and say "OMG, I had an amazing vacation". Instead, it turned out to be somewhat disappointing.

So, without further delay, here is my experience.

I boarded the ship without a hitch. Everything went smoothly. After we boarded, we were directed to one of the main dining rooms where lunch was served. It was a delicious meal. Afterwards, we went to our room to check it out and wait for our luggage to be delivered. The room was very nice, probably nicer than I expected. AC, TV, and balcony.

The room I stayed in was very comfortable. There were plenty of drawer and closet space. It had a balcony, it was in a quiet location (at least I didn't hear anything). I wish there were more TV channels instead of always trying to sell something.

Port Reviews

Roatan

We were greeted with happy faces and smiles. I felt welcomed. There were a lot of people who had gotten off of the ship that morning and it was a little chaotic. We met in the area we were supposed to go to, and were escorted onto a bus which took us to our excursion. When we came back, me and my friends decided to take a walk to the street outside of the port to shop. It was scary and I would definitely not recommend it.

Belize City

I paid someone $5.00 to have my picture taken with a squirrel monkey using my camera. There was more than one cruise ship in Belize and it was pretty crowed.

Costa Maya

I enjoyed this the most. There was a lot of shopping. There was a beautiful pool to swim in. We did very well here. People were polite and ready to bargain.

Find a Norwegian Jewel Cruise from $468