3. Volendam
Drab ship and dated. We were only three nights on the ship as it was the gateway to an amazing tour of the Yukon and Alaska. Three days was more than enough. There was only one electrical outlet in our suite and it was placed between the mirror and the desk so we could not place our own power bar on it. These days people have electronic devices CPAP‘s and other things that need to be plugged in and one outlet is not enough. The room only had one very tiny television that was supposed to be swivelled for both rooms of the suite. We had planned this cruise for our 50th wedding anniversary and our travel agent gave us I lovely bottle of wine which was in our cabin. I phoned guest services to ask if we could bring it to dinner and we were told we had to consume it in the room. Then I asked for a corkscrew as there was no device in the room. It took a half an hour and two phone calls to get it. The next morning there was a note outside our cabin congratulating us on our honeymoon rather than our 50th wedding anniversary . I decided to go to guest services to show them the note and I was given an apology but no replacement note ever showed up. Also, I was told that I could have brought the wine to and that I was misinformed. The attention given to entertainment I felt was less than stellar. The performers were fine but in the three nights that we were on the ship there was no change in the sets, just a couple of staircases for the dancers. The sound was good and the theatre was fine but the show was not memorable. The lectures were excellent and the food was fine but I would recommend doing research in picking another Holland America ship. Other than walking the deck, there was a little fitness activity.

Drab ship and dated

Volendam Cruise Review by timbit22

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Vista Suite with Verandah

Other than walking the deck, there was a little fitness activity.
timbit22’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Volendam price drops

Vista Suite with Verandah
Cabin A
Drab and dated. Only one electrical outlet. One small television set for two rooms which you swivelled between rooms.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins