• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jul 2018
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom
Traveled with children

After reading the negative reviews prior to our departure I was quite nervous for our family's first cruise and wondering if we made a mistake booking on such a big new ship. I'm generally inclined to be critical. However, this cruise couldn't have been a better experience from start to finish. Yes, there are a lot of people. No, it's not all inclusive, but no one ever said it was. I traveled with my husband (with mobility issues) and two teenagers (17 and 19 years old). Details & maybe a few tips:

-Initial, final and port embarkations & debarkations were smooth, quick and easy. Port valet (luggage sent from the ship to final destination) for final disembarkation is the BEST!

-We had connecting balcony staterooms on 9 aft and they were perfect. Our room steward did an excellent job keeping our room clean and tidy. I've seen plenty of complaints about the elevators. If you haven't booked yet, try to book a room in the back half of the ship and use the aft elevators and you'll have no problems; or if you can walk to the aft elevators during busy times.

Balcony Stateroom

Cabin BD

Nicely done. Good "flow". Enough storage space. Nice to have the couch. Could work okay for 3 people; 4 would be tough. We booked 2 connecting staterooms which was perfect for our family of 4 (2 teenagers).

12 Helpful Votes