3. Carnival Pride
This is our 3rc trip on the Carnival Pride but 6th trip on Carnival and 8th cruise overall. We just got back and I wanted to write a review because I feel like only the people who are unhappy take the time to write the reviews. We have cruised the very large ships and did not enjoy them because we do not like making reservations to see a show etc. On the Breeze we could not get into shows or the comedy club on several nights because the theaters are not much larger than the Pride but there are twice the number of cruisers. We never had any problems getting into or hanging out between shows in the comedy club on the Pride but on the Breeze they would make us go around and stand in long lines for as much as 45 minutes to get a seat. The pool areas on the Pride although busy were not crazy crowded. You do need to go early to get a chair on the main deck (and hang out not abandoning it for hours) but if you go up to the 10th floor overlooking the pool you can get one anytime. We are up fairly early so usually got a chair to enjoy all of the pool side activities. The pool area on the Breeze was larger but the pool was the same size and there was only one pool. (the kids area was above and largely unused) There wasn't even standing room on the Breeze. I am glad that Carnival added staff to the pool area, it really controlled the kids and Chaos of jumping kids into crowded pools. The sea was rough the first couple of days. (No biggie to me and Carnival could not control that). Other than that it was beautify most days. We enjoyed the dining room and had excellent service from Diana and the rest of the team. The buffet was fine and had very edible food that people were eating in large portions so obviously most people found it to be of good quality. Guys Burger Joint was great, especially the fries. The pizza was good (especially for breakfast, I don't eat eggs). I spent a lot of time talking to so many fun people and listening to a few miserable people. I think a cruise is what you make of it, get out and meet people and participate in as many activities as you can and you will likely have fun no matter which ship you are on. The people on Pride were so friendly and fun. Grand Turk: Flow Rider with the kids was totally awesome with the pool at Margaritaville Half Moon Cay: Horseback Riding was beautiful and wonderful day handing out at the beautiful beach Freeport: Excursion to the beach was very nice (not as pretty as Half Moon Cay but we've been both islands before so no surprise)

Fun for a family with two teens

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by WLDWMN!13

WLDWMN!13’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Exceptional. Lots of room for a family of 4 with a teenage boy and girl
  Carnival Pride Deck Plans

• Beach
    The beach was nice but not as nice as Half Moon Cay, we got a quick rain shower shortly after arrival but there was plenty of shelter and drinks to keep you busy until it passed. We took some balls etc and enjoyed drinking in the water while chasing balls and other water toys.
  • Half Moon Cay
    The water portion was canceled and we received a 25% discount (we were also given the option to cancel for 100%). The water portion can only occur with less than a 16 knot wind according to the operator which was fine. We had a great ride which of course was very controlled but enjoyable. The island is absolutely beautiful and seeing it from that perspective was amazing.
    View All 13,924 Half Moon Cay Cruise Port Reviews