3. Mariner of the Seas
We just returned from a Family Reunion cruise on the Mariner and had a wonderful time. We had 4 balcony cabins on deck 7 near the aft elevators. Very quiet and easy access to the areas we most frequented, mainly the restaurants, sports deck and Prominade area. The cabin was in very good shape and very clean. The rest of the ship was gorgeous, very clean and updated. The staff were for the most part very courteous and helpful. Living in Port Canaveral, I was leary about the Port of Miami but it is beautiful and we had no problem finding the terminal, parking and boarding. Very smooth and quick. We did get there at 10 am for priority boarding and were on by 11 am. SOOO glad we did this. Sail away by the pool was a lot of fun. Disembarking we did ourselves. I was surprised how long the lines were for this so if you are self disembarking go early. We had breakfast first but next time I would get up earlier or skip breakfast The food was good but the main dining room dinners could be better. We ordered my dad a steak from Chops as an upcharge on the main dining menu one night and he said it was 100x better than the steak in the main dining room. It was nice to have that option for around $15. Main dining deserts were awesome especially Crème Brule and chocolate soufflé Windjammer was always good. Breakfast in main dining was really nice with omlets etc. Having late night snacks in Windjammer at 10:30 pm was a hit with the grown kids and if your hungry you can always find something in Café Promenade at no charge. We had early seating which I was worried about but actually enjoyed and would do it again next time. I would recommend checking your table and changing upon boarding if you are not happy. They may put up a fuss but be persistent and have some $$ handy. Eating dinner with a view was so worth it. The drink packages for the alcohol drinkers was definitely worth it and I think my refreshment package was also worth it. Bottled water whenever I wanted at any bar, the soda package with refillable cup at the coke machines or a tap soda at any bar, the specialty coffees at Cafe Promenade, the non alchoholic frozen drinks and sparkling water at dinner. Well worth it for me and just having the card was so much easier then the stress of paying for each drink. We had a bungalow on Coco Cay which was awesome. The water is low in that area at low tide but we enjoyed walking way out on the sandbar and floating on the rafts. Beautiful and peaceful part of the island and a nice breeze that day. It was stifling hot on the other side of the island and there seemed to be a lack of shade. Be warned about food at the bungalows, there is no food there until they bring your lunch which we thought was at 11:30 but we didn't get until after 1:00. Luckily we brought snacks from home and had them with us. I believe you can walk a ways down to the hotdog place. Also be sure to pick your bungalow soon after you board if you want waterfront. AND we had my elderly parents with us who were not going to be there long. $20 goes a long way to get extra wrist bands if you have 8 people. If you have 10 I would recoommend 2 bungalows. We orignally had the clamshell loungers and so glad we cancelled that. Totally not worth it imho. The beach beds are nice and are right next to the bungalows. Probably only suitable for two people though. The only show we saw was the ice show which was fantastic. Highly recommend. And we spent a lot of time playing trivia in the Schooner bar, lots of fun for families with older children and adults. The late night shows were fun on the Promenade deck, 70s and 80s nights. The slides were fun but check the times. They don't open until 12:00 the day your in Nassaue which I think is really late. And be there at rope drop if you want to ride 7 times in a row with no line! The wave rider is fun but it isn't easy and some people were really getting banged up when they fell off so be careful. The 3D bungee was not a hit with my kids. "waste of time". The laser tag had a 2 hour wait when we went. It is set up on the ice rink. Fun for younger kids maybe. Ice skating was not available on our schedule on our cruise which was disappointing. The pools were fun and the adult pool area is gorgeous and relaxing. For quiet spaces we enjoyed an evening playing shuffle board and had the deck all to our selves. Ellingtons is like a secret little beautiful hideaway. And the library is always quiet and has internet available on some desktops, along with books and games. Any morning is pretty quiet on the promenade deck. Once you sail away it's amazing how much space you have on this ship, never really feeling crowded even at full capacity. Over all a fantastic cruise. Couldn't be happier and will hopefully be going again next summer when The Mariner is here in Port Canaveral!

Excellent 3 night cruise on the Mariner of the Seas

surfsidesindy2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 7638
Very nice cabin, clean and comfortable and beautiful balcony. Loved it!
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins