3. Carnival Splendor
We stay on 8th floor and I would recommend to get a room with a balcony. since 1st day you will spend sailing on sea and the second two last days will spend at sea. Balcony give you a chance to have private time to read or meditating without all the interruption /noises that surrounding you from the public and you can lie in bed watching the sea through the window of the balcony. It was kinda hectic trying to get to the right port and find parking but , it's smooth sailing from there because once you get off parking elevator, a worker who direct you to the porter for your luggages then off to the dome for complete checking in. Embarkation went smooth and fast. Once you are on the ship, there will be two elevators exclusively that will take you directly to the lido deck for lunch and unwind. They have your room ready by 13:30PM with the keys in the sealed envelope by the door so you can wind down before dinner. The safety briefing was more organized and also went smoothly since we don't have to carry the life jacket with us like we used too. Dinner was ok, food can be better but we have servers Jan and two others names I did not catch since it was hard to remembered but they are all sweet, attentive and trying to give you what you needs and more. Our room is always clean by Paublo and Sarah. In fact all the workers there work very hard and non stopped. Some are more sweet than others but ours I feel were the best in what they do. They do make you feel like family even though it is only 7days cruise. The nightly entertainment is lovely, it was part of our high light to end the night. Only complaints I have is I wish it was longer. Our cruise director Leon, he is so funny and always lively. Shopping deck was decent , I just browse through and couldn't find anything that really catch my eyes -We did buy the bubble program( all the sodas you can drink) but i think I will skip that next time since it is not worth the money and you have to stay in line at the bar to wait for bar tender to get you the drink ,you will still have to sign for the slip plus tips each time you get a soda, only time you don't have to sign any slip is when you are at dinner time . -Excursion wise, we like the sea safari by Vallarta adventures the best in Puerto Vallarta because you get to ride on speed boat, ,horses, swim under waterfall, snorkeling, beach and have a nice buffet lunch with open bar all in one excursion. Mazalan we took the city tour and it was ok since we briefly learn the rich history of the town has to offer and we did have some nice photo shots Cabos was too hot, the best part was the water taxi that took us from the ship to the port but because of the limited time and weather was so hot we did not last more than one hour there before we went back on the ship -Pictures galore and you can not escape from buying less than one to bring back home for memories Disembarkation went quick as well since they allow you to take your suitcases along when checking out. We got out and to our car by 8:45AM instead around noon like it was before. I truly enjoy this lay out of itinerary since it allow me to relax/rest before the ports and after the ports

Relaxation and got more than expected

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by candy-land

candy-land’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Splendor price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8B 83208
Cabin spacious, clean and nice. Balcony chairs did have white paints all over them but they did get change out for new chair after two days of sailing.
we have a long couch that give us option to sit and if we did not want to lie or stay in bed
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins