Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by mawmawbell

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The embarkation in Port Canaveral was very organized but anything that went smooth all week was quickly forgotten today during disembarkation. We were in port for over 4 hours before the "carry your own luggage off" group was called to leave. There were no explanations or updates about the delay from the cruise director , "Jess from the U.S." Many passengers were yelling down to deck 3 asking for info. It was 5.25 hours before deck 8 was called. By then hundreds had taken their chances on exiting with the groups with luggage.

The "Chefs Table" was fabulous as always. We loved the food and the host, Lama. Too, too much food but it was wonderful. Our wait staff, Leonilde (sp) and Rhoman in the Sunset Dining Room were great all week. I try to avoid the buffet but enjoyed breakfast/brunch in the Sunrise Dining Room. I was disappointed in the room service menu: my favorites were either removed or are now "extras". Breakfast on the balcony has been a big plus in the past.

We enjoyed The evening shows in the Liquid Lounge .The Epic Rock production was one of the best I've ever seen on board any cruise line. We also enjoyed the meeting to honor veterans.

We chose our excursion in Aruba based on previous reviews (ages 55-65+) but did not enjoy the Kukoo Kunuku party bus . There was a much younger crowd that night. The bars and restaurant we went to were in questionable areas at best. Some had security guards to escort us from the bus into the building. Most of the places had no other patrons besides the Carnival excursion. The mystery drinks served were free but strange tasting so we switched early on to bottled beer.I was very happy to get back to the ship.

There wasn't a lot to do on sea days besides shop the usual trinkets and port needs. The jewelry was beautiful but browsing the display cases is impossible without the constant hovering . .....the fastest way to run me off. My enthusiasm for a rare stone was squelched quickly and I never returned. I will persue it locally.

mawmawbell's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8D 8239

This was the noisiest cabin I've ever had. There was extremely loud noise from above all hours of the night....like dropping bowling balls and moving furniture. The cabin was small but the storage was adequate. The balcony was quite small and needed paint scraped and repaired on dividing panels. The bed was very comfortable. Our cabin stewed Maria was very pleasant .

We chose our excursion in Aruba based on previous reviews (ages 55-65+) but did not enjoy the Kukoo Kunuku party bus . There was a much younger crowd that night. The bars and restaurant we went to were in questionable areas at best. Some had security guards to escort us from the bus into the building. Most of the places had no other patrons besides the Carnival excursion. The mystery drink was free but strange tasting so we switched early on to bottled beer.I was quite happy to get back to the ship.

View All undefined undefined Reviews