Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by grockcruises

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

This was our 3rd RC cruise and, as always, it didn't disappoint. Despite this ship not being in the class of the Anthem that we sailed on last year, this ship was well maintained despite being an older ship. Check-in at Cape Liberty was extremely fast and we got in quickly via the Suite line. I was annoyed with the attendant giving me grief for going under the rope due to being directed to the wrong line. Our cabin was great though the shower curtain was missing a ring (broken). My one gripe on all RC cruises are the firm mattresses that bother my wife but they've always taken care of our request for a pad. I recommend requesting this beforehand as we will on our next cruise. Our attendant Michael was great and took care of our special requests (distilled water, extension and mattress pad). Food on RC is always excellent (restaurant, buffet & cafe) and is one of the reasons we will always sail on RC. The dining room experience was great and makes you feel that you're on vacation and don't have to worry about cooking. Wait staff was excellent and it helps when they remember your drink preferences. Buffet in the Windjammer is a great option if you want to eat quickly and get back to other events. The variety is excellent and I heard the Jamaican cuisine was great and I enjoyed the Indian cuisine they made. Head chef was of Indian descent which may have helped. There's a lot activities for those that want to hang by the pool, casino, flow-ride (not me) participate in trivia or events like origami. Nightly entertainment was good with singing/dancing, ice skating and comedians though some times conflicted with dinner times (7 & 9 pm events work best). We also indulged in the spa that was well laid out, maintained and our treatment was great - recommend early in the cruise. Some of the night club events were good but too short. Silent and all-white themed parties are great but 1 hour isn't worthwhile. They also need to cater better to the older crowd at the bars/clubs. I'm sure some of the younger crowd feels the same. Shore excursions were fine but some stops were too short. 2+ hours of travel to Orlando doesn't seem worthwhile given cost and the amount of time spent in the parks (min. 8 hours in the parks; esp. Disney or Universal). We went to Sea World and experienced more though it rained and wasn't as crowded. Coco Cay requires the shuttle boats from the ship which is time consuming but I'll give them a pass since it's new and they're building a dock. It will probably be great once all is said and done. Food was excellent on the island but you couldn't get some drinks (pina coladas) at certain bars. We enjoyed the jet-skis there. Nassau has a lot more options but save up those funds because anything Atlantis based is pricey (limited discounts even with pre-paying). I blame Atlantis more than RC. Wanted to go to the Atlantis Water Park but passed on principle on the pricing. We went to Pearl Island which was fine with beach access and snorkeling. Food was very good though I don't like nickeling and diming on rum punch - sorry should be included. Water was reasonably priced and you received a comp photo. This trip could have been a bit longer also but I'd still recommend. RC has set a high standard for us every time we cruise with them and they continue to deliver. I highly recommend to others but save up because you have to pay to play - it's worth it.

grockcruises's Full Rating Summary

Junior Suite
Cabin J2 9584

Our Junior Suite cabin was very spacious and I'd rate a B+. Room was well-kept and laid out. The sink area of the bathroom was a bit dated, sink fixture and mirror and shower curtain was missing a ring (broken). My main gripe on all RC cruises we've sailed are the firm mattresses. These bother my wife but they've always taken care of our request for a pad. I recommend requesting this beforehand as we will on our next cruise. Maybe it was the weather but drying towels, bathing suits took a long time to dry in the bathroom. Balcony area was well maintained also but the door requires strength to open/close the latch.

Sea World

Round trip to park was great but just not enough time to enjoy everything. Rain kept crowds away but storm cancelled shows and shut down rides.

View All 16 Sea World Reviews
Wave Jet

This event was great and I didn't have a jet that was limited in speed. Enjoyed getting off the jet ski so I wasn't slowing down the pack. Wish I could have better secured my go-pro type camera. Definitely recommend.

Boat ride was nice and relaxing and crew were great. Food was very good but didn't appreciate premium on rum punch ($10). Water and soda prices were more reasonable. Limited umbrellas/canopies for a sunny day but they had kayaks and trampoline platform for kids of all ages. I heard complaints that snorkeling was too short for the additional price. Overall time on the island could be longer.

View All undefined undefined Reviews