3. Carnival Horizon
We're regular Carnival cruisers and liked being able to drive to the NYC port for an 8-day cruise. I titled this review "Accidental" Horizon cabin because when we booked last year, our cabin wasn't a Havana cabin. It became one while fitting out in Italy. We weren't planning on being in Havana, but it really was a plus for our cruise - the pool was wonderful and never crowded. My description of Havana is "Serenity, only more limited." Our cabin itself was okay - it was an aft wrap, but I liked the aft wraps on Victory and Glory better. They were larger and had nicer balconies.The real benefit to this cabin was Havana access. Entertainment was very good. The comedians' shows were good (although I don't like the Limelight Lounge very much - the sight lines are awful). All of the music was very good and there were lots of venues to enjoy. I saw a couple of shows in the Liquid Lounge and while the shows were good, the Lounge tsself is not great - like Limelight Lounge, poor sight lines. All of our food was good, We had al dinners in the main dining room, early seating. Great wait staff. we ended up not having any dinners at the specialty restaraunts. However, we enjoyed lunch at the Mongolian wok one day and I had the Seafood Shack's fried clams another. We also tried the BBQ buffet one day and enjoyed it, and I had a Guy's burger twice. My choice is a Plain Jane with cheese and then topped with bacon and mushrooms fro the toppings bar. Sons spent a lot of tie on the sports deck; both did the Sky Ride and enjoyed it. I love the outer areas available on this class of ship - if I wanted to be somewhere other than our balcony or in the Havana area, you could usualy find me outside on deck 5, the Lanai. I'd sal Horizon in a heartbeat. Despite the number of passengers I never felt crowded and never had to wait in line for the buffet.

An Accidental Havana Cabin

nybumpkin’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Havana Premium Vista Balcony
Cabin HM 8465
This aft wrap wasn't nearly as big as the aft wraps we had on Victory (8428) and Glory (8455). It didn't have much storage space - one side of the closet for things to hang and the other side for drawers and the safe. Our sons (18 and 22) were next door in 8461 and had more room. However it was enough for us. Our steward was very good - we sent out laundry twice and it was returned to us faster than we expected. He offered twice a day service, but we opted for morning only and that was plenty.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins