Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review
1,118 Reviews

Worst vacation I have ever had!

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Martinmomof6

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior

I was told by family and friends that cruising is very enjoyable and relaxing experience. So I gave it a try for the first time on the Carnival Ecstasy. I am driving home now and want to share my experience to keep others from wasting their money. When I got off the ship today I felt like I had been released from a jail cell. This was the most stressful, nerve racking and unrelaxing vacation I have ever taken. The first day I was sprayed with mayonnaise at the hamburger restaurant after waiting in a long line to get a mediocare burger. Then had to wait in another long line to get a hot soft drink. After lunch the tinyest cabin ever was supposedly ready. The cabin was hot, humid and smelled like mold and mildew. The shower had mildew all around the edges and the bathroom just stunk! That night I tried to sleep in the hot humid cabin in a bunk style bed but hit my head every time I tried to roll over on a ledge about 6 inches from my face. The next day we waited in yet another long line for an elevator to go to the only pool to find no available chairs and the tiniest pool ever. The pool was so crowded you could not even move. I again had to wait in line to get a hot soft drink at the bar from a bartender who only wanted to serve alcohol purchasing guests who left big tips.

The rest of the week was even worse than the first day. I spent most of the time waiting in line for an elevator, waiting in line for horrible buffet food, or hot soft drinks. The last straw was one night about 11pm the cabin toilet starting shooting out water all over the floor that contained green algae looking stuff. I called the room steward but could reach no one. I then called guest services but got a recording about extremely high call volume. I put the phone down but stayed on the line and ran all the way down the hall to the other end of the ship to find an employee to help me. I did finally find one and he called housekeeping. By this time the cabin carpet was all wet. Housekeeping came to clean up the mess. After an hour holding on the phone for guest services I hung up and explained to the housekeeping supervisor that I could not reach anyone by phone to help me and I am extremely upset. By this time it was midnight and they were trying to get all the water out of the cabin carpet. The supervisor tried contacting guest services on the cabin phone again and got the recorded message too. She held for awhile then decided to call room service to get a person to answer the phone. The supervisor told me guest services would call me. Which they did and I requested to move to another cabin. I could not take this filthy stinking wet humid cabin any longer. Guest services said there were no other cabins available so I hung up. The housekeeping supervisor offered to shampoo the cabin carpet the next morning meanwhile we had to sleep in that nasty room. I have never been so disappointed in the customer service I received on this ship and feel the health, safety and convenience of my family was completely disregarded. I not only wasted over $2000 on this trip but a week of hard earned vacation time. To top off this experience the last morning I went to wash my face in the cabin bathroom and the water from the sink was brown! They did credit my account $120 for the inconvenience??? I need a vacation!!!

Martinmomof6's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4E R79

Horrible, dirty, stinking, hot, humid and disgusting cabin!

Princess Cays

Beach was ok. Bathrooms were filthy. Every singe toilet was not flushed. Gross!

Martinmomof6