Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

EVERYTHING centers around drinking to excess

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Suzi1965

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

I took my nine year old daughter and my 79 year old mother on this cruise from Tampa to Grand Cayman and then on to Cozumel. I am 53 and divorced. We have cruised with Carnival 3 other times as a family and enjoyed it. However, it seems to me that while Carnival is known as the "party" ship and I understand and appreciate that people on vacation want to drink because they don't have to drive, the cruise line should not make most of the activities center around alcohol consumption. Don't get me wrong...I enjoy a drink out with friends, but to have 8 or 9 drinks in one day?!? I actually saw one woman with a drink at the bar at EIGHT THIRTY in the MORNING! Is this what you want your children to see? Not me! You are probably thinking....who is she to tell anyone what to do or not to do on THEIR vacation? You are very right. I'm not. I'm just telling you MY personal experience on the Carnival Paradise from July 21-26, 2018. The embarkation process is smooth and wonderful, but the valet parking is too expensive.....$95. The disembarkation is a nightmare. Very disorganized. I removed all the tips they tacked on my bill. We saw our steward once or twice....he was just kind of there. We never went to the fancy dining restaurant....too dull. Now for the good things.....Camp Ocean is wonderful...my daughter loved it. Our cabin was very nice....the oceanview is good for three people. We loved the Stingray excursion in Grand Cayman. The beach day and shopping in Cozumel excursion spent too much time shopping, but once we arrived at the beach, we had a great time. I am going to try Royal Caribbean or Holland America in two years.

Suzi1965's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6D M217

The room is very nice...clean and the window was large. We liked looking out at the beautiful ocean. The shower head kept falling off.

Suzi1965