3. Marella Discovery 2
We had done a cruise already and enjoyed it and decided to do a two-centre holiday for our Pearl Anniversary. Marbella Discover 2 was our first week from Corfu to Split and down the cost of the eastern (Adriatic ?) We paid for a cabin with a balcony. This was a good choice but only one sun lounger. Otherwise great cabin. Loved it. Big negative: WiFi. I’m 57 but access to the internet is important to me. We paid £ 25 for 3 days (data limited but I can’t recall the limit). The WiFi (tbh) was crap - a waste of money. Even their own Tui Navigate App didn’t work that often. “Keep trying” we were advised. No, sort it out. Beds: I must be getting old but the mattresses were hard. My wife suffered and ended up sleeping on the sofa. Not good. Staff: Not one single complaint. These people are great. Polite, smiley. You felt you could ask anything. Bless them. Food: Was excellent but there were issues with space. If you don’t care when you eat then OK. Variety, no complaints other than a scarcity of Tomato and HP Sauce. Entertainment: OK, this is very subjective and, no doubt, age related. For me this was worthy of Butlin’s (and not in a good way) but others clearly enjoyed it. What you can’t fault is the energy and enthusiasm of the entertainments team. Boy they tried hard. Cycling: OK, not my bag, but one day I saw the crew (Tui?) lead off a pack of cyclists and I guess they do this at every port. What a brilliant idea. Outings: This (for me) is the whole point. You sail north on the first day which you use to orientate yourself and then stop at split. My comment: Get off the boat and look around – brilliant location and most places take Euros (and cards). We brought loads of Euros back! Refurb: The boat came over from the Caribbean and was refurbished – well – sort of. Steel drums in the Adriatic – really? Crew were still painting bits and piece but it wasn’t a real issue. Sushi: I hang my head in shame and claim the excuse that I had too many beers. We booked the Sushi restaurant (my wife and daughter love it) and I wanted to try but it really wasn’t my thing. Unfortunately we talked to the two guys behind the Sushi bar and they asked me what I thought. I made a comment and just kept digging the hole deeper. If Sushi is/might be your thing then please give this a try. Edamame Beans, and Miso soup were brilliant but as I awkwardly said the Sushi wasn’t my thing and the chef looked crestfallen. The quality of the food, the friendliness of the staff, was faultless – and my wife loved it. BTW, sell Sake! One last thing. Quiet. Few places escape the Sound of Music, except a little bar on the top deck if you just want to read.

Mixed Bag - Generation Thing?

Marella Discovery 2 Cruise Review by SirTRatbutt

SirTRatbutt’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Discovery 2 price drops

Can't remember the number but it was Deck 8 towards the aft (rear for you land-lubbers). Was very ahppy with it other than the matress which was too hard.

Bless the staff - they were great and tried hard.

From below: What is a "Repositioning Cruise?"